All reviews kids pool kuala terengganu airport celup tepung nasi airport hotel city centre affordable price minute drive compared to other hotels parking lot is business hotel morning breakfast local breakfast checking out food stalls nice room easy access
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel is very near to Kuala Terengganu Airport. Just a 5 minutes drive. It can be considered as a new hotel.

Room is clean and large. Swimming pool and splash pool for kids are available. Food served are very nice and the selection is plenty.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 September 2018

Terengganu isn't blessed with good hotels. The TH is listed as the best, simply because the rest are so bad.

The entrance is large and imposing, promising good things to come. However, after reception, which is fairly efficient, everything goes downhill quickly. It is clear that there is little money spent on maintaining this large hotel. The walls are scratched, the carpets are stained and there is an all-pervading mustiness in the corridors, even though the windows are left open to try to freshen up the atmosphere.

The rooms themselves are large and the bed was comfortable. But the windows don't fit well and allow noise from outside to filter through (bring earplugs!). The TV has only local channels, though this didn't bother me much as I didn't stay in the hotel much. The bathroom was clean, though there are no hand towels (only bath towels). Also, the shower was lukewarm at best. I didn't eat here, as I'd heard that the menu and service are limited. Finally, the location is close to the airport, but about 20 minutes taxi ride from the town centre.

All in all, I'd stay here again, but only because there is no real alternative. It would be better not to visit Terengganu at all.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
THHotelTerengganu, General Manager at TH Hotel & Convention Centre Terengganu, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2018

Dear burenye,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. It is my regret that we did not live up to your expectations during the time you spent at our hotel. Please accept our sincere apologies for all the shortcomings mentioned. I have personally reviewed your comments with my Department Heads and ensured corrective measures are in placed. Thank you very much once again, we will be awaiting for the opportunity to welcome you back.

Best regards,

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

Book 3 rooms with 4 single beds. When checked in noticed that 2 of the duvets in each rooms were without cover. When asked, the housekeeper told us that it should be that way. We then called the duty manager to complaint as it does not seem right that the duvets are without cover. True enough that the beds were not ready. These were rectified within minutes of our complaint.

Room was good enough for 1 nite stay. We were hardly in the room, only there to sleep.

Breakfast was ok.

Overall, ok for the price paid.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
THHotelTerengganu, General Manager at TH Hotel & Convention Centre Terengganu, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2018

Dear AAR_KL,
We deeply regret for your recent experience on our room service. Thanks for letting us know. We will take note of the issues and rectify the problem. Thank you again for taking the time to share your stay experience, and hope we have the opportunity to provide better service in future for you.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 9 August 2018

Spent a night there, the receptionist was kind enough to tip us the best breakfast location since we didn't get the breakfast package. The hotel is nearby to so many local breakfast spots. I just wish the management would check their facilities thoroughly since I found that the iron wasn't working well.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
THHotelTerengganu, General Manager at TH Hotel & Convention Centre Terengganu, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Dear aishah k,

Thank you so much for sharing your good experience with us on TripAdvisor. It was such a pleasure to have you staying with us. We are grateful that we can provide an comfortable stay for you. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to TH Hotel & Convention Centre Terengganu in the future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

We had to attend a race event at the Stadium Mizan Zainal Abidin and booked this hotel because it is 5 minutes from the airport and right across the Stadium.

They charged RM350 for a studio room, which has two separate beds, and a separate living room with sofa and TV. We booked two rooms so it was a total of RM700 per night for us.

Location is great. No complaints there. However, when we took the lift up, and got out of the lift. Our first greeting was the stench of wet moldy carpet. The stained and dark carpeted walkway was already a telltale sign that this was going to suck.

I got into my room, and found the walls with insect excrement, most likely lizards. Fine, so I shut the door, and turned the deadbolt to lock. Well, it didn’t, because the bolt hit on a metal plate. So I called maintenance.

I checked out the safe box, and it was locked. Then, as I started to unpack, I was surrounded by mosquitoes in the room. I checked the sliding windows, one was left open. I tried to lock the sliding window, of course, it didn’t lock well. How inviting.

Maintenance came, they removed the metal plate at the door and told me this would do. They also gave me a key to the safe, because they didn’t know the code to the safe so I should just use the key.

I decided to talk to my Wife, and found that the wifi password did not work. Called them, they gave me a new password, so I was finally connected, but the network was so slow the WhatsApp text messages took forever, I bought my own daily internet plan because it was the hotel’s wifi was too frustratingly slow. Please don’t count on their wifi.

Fine, I decided to shower. I turned the shower on and enjoyed the hot water for like maybe 3 minutes. With soap still on me, the water turned cold, even with the maximum heat setting. Called them, they told me to wait for maintenance. After a 10-hour drive, I told them it was fine and went to sleep (surrounded by mosquitoes).

Next morning, breakfast buffet was at ground floor and I went for the fresh fruits to find they were covered with mosquitoes. They served a lot of other Malay food, but I was on a high protein diet, so I only had eggs and toast. The spread wasn’t great.

Four days went by, and we checked out at 8am. We forgot to take the bottled water in our room, and asked the reception if she could maybe give us a couple bottles of water. She told us “it’s chargeable by order of management.” Wow, such great hospitality!

I did email their management at morris.thht@thhotels.com.my but of course there was no response.

Never ever again!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
THHotelTerengganu, General Manager at TH Hotel & Convention Centre Terengganu, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Dear Gerald G,

Thank you so much for choosing TH Hotel & Convention Centre Terengganu during your recent visit to Terengganu and taking your time to share your stay experience. We sincerely apologies for the inconveniences during your stay with us.
We take all feedback and comments very seriously and strive to improve as we are committed to quality and ensure that it meet or exceed our guest's expectations.

Warmest regards,