All reviews kids pool near airport kt airport celup tepung nasi spacious room separate toilet and shower affordable price minute drive compared to other hotels parking lot is business hotel morning breakfast checking out food stalls easy access local delicacies
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

We had to attend a race event at the Stadium Mizan Zainal Abidin and booked this hotel because it is 5 minutes from the airport and right across the Stadium.

They charged RM350 for a studio room, which has two separate beds, and a separate living room with sofa and TV. We booked two rooms so it was a total of RM700 per night for us.

Location is great. No complaints there. However, when we took the lift up, and got out of the lift. Our first greeting was the stench of wet moldy carpet. The stained and dark carpeted walkway was already a telltale sign that this was going to suck.

I got into my room, and found the walls with insect excrement, most likely lizards. Fine, so I shut the door, and turned the deadbolt to lock. Well, it didn’t, because the bolt hit on a metal plate. So I called maintenance.

I checked out the safe box, and it was locked. Then, as I started to unpack, I was surrounded by mosquitoes in the room. I checked the sliding windows, one was left open. I tried to lock the sliding window, of course, it didn’t lock well. How inviting.

Maintenance came, they removed the metal plate at the door and told me this would do. They also gave me a key to the safe, because they didn’t know the code to the safe so I should just use the key.

I decided to talk to my Wife, and found that the wifi password did not work. Called them, they gave me a new password, so I was finally connected, but the network was so slow the WhatsApp text messages took forever, I bought my own daily internet plan because it was the hotel’s wifi was too frustratingly slow. Please don’t count on their wifi.

Fine, I decided to shower. I turned the shower on and enjoyed the hot water for like maybe 3 minutes. With soap still on me, the water turned cold, even with the maximum heat setting. Called them, they told me to wait for maintenance. After a 10-hour drive, I told them it was fine and went to sleep (surrounded by mosquitoes).

Next morning, breakfast buffet was at ground floor and I went for the fresh fruits to find they were covered with mosquitoes. They served a lot of other Malay food, but I was on a high protein diet, so I only had eggs and toast. The spread wasn’t great.

Four days went by, and we checked out at 8am. We forgot to take the bottled water in our room, and asked the reception if she could maybe give us a couple bottles of water. She told us “it’s chargeable by order of management.” Wow, such great hospitality!

I did email their management at morris.thht@thhotels.com.my but of course there was no response.

Never ever again!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
THHotelTerengganu, General Manager at TH Hotel & Convention Centre Terengganu, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Dear Gerald G,

Thank you so much for choosing TH Hotel & Convention Centre Terengganu during your recent visit to Terengganu and taking your time to share your stay experience. We sincerely apologies for the inconveniences during your stay with us.
We take all feedback and comments very seriously and strive to improve as we are committed to quality and ensure that it meet or exceed our guest's expectations.
Thank you again for taking the time to share your stay experience, and hope we have the opportunity to provide better service in future for you.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

The hotel is very near to the airport, less then 5 minit drive. Its a decent hotel to stay for couple or family. Do take note it is under tabung haji so alcohol not served and they require decent dressing in hotel premises. The time i went is pilgrimige time so a lot of people came sending thier family over as it serve as a meet up point before their flight.

Rooms were big and clean although a bit run down. My room were facing the roof top on 2nd floor so its a pretty hot. Minor issue observed like aircond not cold ,cigarette smell in toilet , lights not working but the were quick to respond and get it fixed and generally all of the staff in the hotel are nice.

Breakfast. is acceptable with few varieties, nasi dagang is the main dish everyday and its taste good. Dining & Room service available with standard hotel food quality and price. There is grab service if you need to travel out from the hotel as its out of the town.so grab food / drinks if needed as there is just 1 restaurant & lounge and a small mini mart in the hotel or in the walking distance.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business

Dear Mahinderan,

Thank you so much for sharing your good experience with us on TripAdvisor. It was such a pleasure to have you staying with us. We are grateful that we can provide an comfortable stay for you. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to TH Hotel & Convention Centre Terengganu in the future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

We came to this hotel during the daytime. Checkin was smooth and quickly but absolut nothing to do at the hotel - and childrens pool is closed for good. Had to take a taxi to the City (cost 30 rm for one Way) The room smells like mold and the humidity is very High. Carpets in the hotel is very dirty. Toilets need a make-over

This hotel could have been Nice, but i Think the maintain missed to much unfortunatly.

Frontdesk staff very friendly.

Stayed: July 2018
3  Thank veilgaard

Dear veilgaard,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. It is my regret that we did not live up to your expectations during the time you spent at our hotel. Please accept our sincere apologies for all the shortcomings mentioned. I have personally reviewed your comments with my Department Heads and ensured corrective measures are in placed. Thank you very much once again, we will be awaiting for the opportunity to welcome you back.

Best regards,

Reviewed 30 May 2018

Stayed a couple of nights at TH Hotel during my driving trip recently. Had to stay at Kuala Terengganu to visit Kenyir as lack of proper accommodation near the lake meant we had no other option. Searched for the best available option and TH was the top ranked hotel at Tripadvisor.

The hotel looks grand and feels like a modern 5 Star Hotel upon first impression. Grand drop off lobby, beautiful location and a modern building. It all changes once you reach the reception. You are literally dumbstruck to see an almost empty arrival lobby which is huge in size. Some old pieces of furniture lying around even though the lobby area is huge and can be upgraded to look the part.

The experience is worse when you take up the lift to your floor. the poor design is evident and the lift lobbies are run down with dingy looking walkways. Again, This is just due to wasteful thinking by whoever designed and maintains the hotel. Give it to an organized hotel chain and they will make this work like a dream. I am not sure if poor occupancy rates justify the extra spent. The hotel was almost empty which was partly due to the ongoing Ramadan period. KT is surely not a tourist hotspot and looks like this hotel was built for business travelers.

The only good thing about the stay was the room which was spacious and had clean linens. huge size bed and a good bathroom en-suite. With a little extra thought, this can look to be a 5 Star hotel room. Looking the price we paid it was quite reasonable though.

Last point may not be fully relevant but due to the ongoing Ramadan period the buffet breakfast was missing. They just offered alacarte options and it look them a while to serve it to us despite we being the only people in the restaurant. Not sure it's lack of guests/staff or generally is the standard at the hotel.

Will recommend this to folks who have no option but to stay at KT. Great location and the only proper hotel in town I guess.

Room Tip: Try and ask for a room at higher floor and facing outwards to the main road Or pool
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
THHotelTerengganu, General Manager at TH Hotel & Convention Centre Terengganu, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2018

Dear Manish K,

Best regards,

Reviewed 27 May 2018

The room was very spacious - makes a lot of difference if you come with family. However if you're coming alone, this may not be a priority. Room was clean and the hotel has more facilities as compared to other hotels in Kuala Terengganu. My only complaint was the room - it had this "old" (mould) smell at the corridors, maybe because it doesn't get enough sunlight. But the smell was not noticeable in the room.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business