All reviews pasar payang bus terminal swimming pool nasi inside bathroom strategic location interior design middle of town management team high rise nice stay western breakfast local cuisine hotel located ample parking within walking distance hotel room
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

My 4th time staying at this affordable hotel which is seen losing the pride .A few years back it was once amongst the top hotels in the city. But now the cleanliness and services are questionable. Love to check in here because of the excellent location and plenty of spaces for parking. Credit to the breakfast with delicious local menu.
Should improve more on cleanliness and it is high time to change the faded bath towels.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

I will never come back again....rooms were dirty & musty, as if no details were given to its cleanliness, cupboard were dirty, bathroom is of poor quality, no proper shower screens, so the bathroom was wet always....the breakfast was extremely dissapointing. They may as well classify this hotel as a 2 star ! This hotel is in bad need of proper kitchen ventilation & refurbishment.
I will NEVER come back again !

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2018

I coming back to my home to cast my vote during general election recently and I choose this hotel. Overall, this is good hotel with polite and welcoming staff. My room is small and the decoration is quite old. However, I love they breakfast because it serve a signature dish of Terengganu which were Nasi Dagang and Keropok Lekor. The hotel is in the town and located near to the Pasar Kedai Payang and Terminal Bus.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank fadzilah h
Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

If you don't want to spend too much for hotel in this town, Grand Puteri would be the place to be. For about rm100, you'll get an average room right in the centre of town where you can walk to Pasar Payang (market) and jetty.

Room was a bit small, but acceptable. Basic amenities were provided.

There's two pools available although doesn't really look interesting. I think some soft landscaping + seating area would help though.

Didn't have breakfast package so tried to order room svc for breakfast, but was told not available. D'uh.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

I last came to Grand Puteri in 2014 after a short getaway to Redang. I booked a night here based on my 2014 experience and also because of the reviews given since then.

I don't entirely regret my decision; however, a lot has changed in four years. The room I was given had a concrete wall view and a glimpse of the pool. I should have asked for a room higher up. There were cockroaches in the coffee making area that we had to go get bug spray for. The bathroom was old looking and the cistern leaked. The pillows were the only saving grace, they were kind of new and not lumpy.

I want to say that I will stay here again, but if the rooms are not properly maintained between now and then, I most likely will break my promise. Don't let me down, Grand Puteri management. I hope you prosper and keep up with the times. Your location and staff score high marks, so make sure the rest is of high standards too.

Date of stay: March 2018