All reviews main building swimming pool big balcony kids love hot shower bathtub malaysia kt river cafe chinatown
Reviewed 17 October 2018

It starts with the reception. I called to make a reservation, and the receptionist at that time could barely speak English and kept getting my details incorrect. I told her I was making a reservation for two separate nights, before and after my offshore trip. She told me she will give me the reservation number later, and hung up. What's funny was that she didn't even take my phone or email details! I had to call her back to give her the relevant information.

When I arrived, another receptionist tended to me, and told me that my booking was for 2 consecutive nights! Luckily it was quickly rectified, and proceeded to take me to my room via a buggy driven by a nice old man.

For a resort in such a beautiful, spacious location, it needs some serious work in terms of refurbishment. The room smells musky, the beds are old, the air-conditioning was very noisy (and the remote control doesn't work), the TV doesn't show the channels that the hotel claims to (it doesn't even show properly!), and the phone was disconnected. Plug points were loose, and the lighting in the bathroom was very deem. It's such a shame - the room is very large and holds so much potential. I believe the management can take some proactive measures to upgrade the place. The corporate rates were quite high too, not quite worth the price my company is paying for compared to the newer hotels in the city.

The location, however, is ideal as it's just a few minutes walk away from the jetty for those who are boarding to go offshore.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

My minibar fridge was not working properly and I asked the receptionist name Aliff if someone can check the fridge. So he said the fridge does not work well and there is nothing they can do about it except store my items in their main fridge which is about a 2 minute buggy ride away or about a 10 minute walk.

Wow, talk about poor service and Aliff does not seem to care if I complain or not. It makes me wonder if Duyong Marina and Resorts actually cares anything at all.

Too bad, everything else seems so nice for the first few hours of my stay

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

Room is acceptable eventhough a bit run down. Nice view and good food. The teh tarik is marvellous. The buggy concept is awesome. Staff are friendly. The ballroom is quite big but need be refurbished as well as the room.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2018

Very nice resort. Clean and safe swimming pool. There are cafe nearby with reasonable price. The room was very huge room and comfortable. My kids were very happy and they do not want to go out and just stay in the room!

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

NOT RECOMENDED. UNPLEASEANT TO STAY

The rooms are unclean and in terrible state. Our room was dirty with cockroaches, lizards, spiders in the room being close to trees and garden. The reception service is not good. NOT RECOMENDED. UNPLEASEANT TO STAY. Looks good only in pictures and from outside. The satellite tv not working. Food is average.
DIRTY AND UNCLEAN. Had to request reception to ask housekeeping to clean the room..No towels provided, had to requestfor it. Messed up our holidays. NO NO PLACE. 1 Star Place at a Five star price.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple