All reviewstransit flightnon malaysiannon smoking roomhotel location iscomfortable bednext morningroom ratereception staffrecommend this hotelgreat hotelrm128airporttaxirm15ironcleanlinesskk
Reviewed 5 May 2018

I was looking forward to a wonderful vacation in Kota Kinabalu until the moment I checked into the given room no. 355. I booked for a 3 days stay and opt for a non-smoking superior room with a king size bed. A walk into the room the far end is a window. Adjacent to the window is the side wall, the condition looks terrible with the paint blister and peel off. The water heater is working but the weak pressure somehow restricts the comfort for the shower. After expressing my dissatisfaction and deliberately request for a room change the receptionist conceded and comply. The room they offer to change is a smoking room, superior type, however, is 2 separate beds given the reason fully booked. I wish to say no but what choice do I get? Even I'm not happy with the room I still wasn't happy with the TV. Astro not working and left only showing TV3 and NTV7 channel. Even with the lousy channel, the quality of the TV image not clear and displaying intermittent colour problem. It doesn't seems to be the same again like the 1st and 2nd experience staying in the same hotel. This is the 3rd times I have stayed here and I'm pretty sure is my last. Goodbye Eminent Hotel.

Stayed: May 2018
1  Thank FrankieTLW
EminentHotel, Manager at Eminent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Dear FrankieTLW,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are very sorry to hear that you did not have a pleasant stay with us this time. We appreciate you bringing the issues to our attention, and assure you that we are taking immediate steps to rectify them.

Specifically, we ourselves are genuinely disappointed that you had such an unsatisfying experience with our TVs, as we had only last month replaced ALL our TVs with new 43-inch full HD TVs, and upgraded our Astro subscription to have 8 HD channels + 4 SD channels (in addition to freeview channels such as TV1, TV2, etc). Hence, we are sorry that you did not enjoy the experience that we intended with our upgrade. This should be a technical glitch which happened during this transition period, and we have already initiated steps to investigate and fix the issue. Once again we thank you for bringing this issue to our attention, and we wish to still welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 19 April 2018

As a retired non-Malaysian, living in Kudat, I frequently travel by car to KK for supplies, and used to stay overnight at a local hotel. Unfortunately, recurring cleanliness and maintenance issues required a change of hotels.
I chose the Eminent Hotel (among several other choices) mostly for price and location. I booked a superior room by phone, and used the hotel's on-lone booking service for confirmation and pre-payment. I specifically asked for a quiet, non-smoking room. The staff was very professional and efficient.
The room was not only very quiet and clean smelling (the third floor rooms are all non-smoking rooms), but spacious, and spotlessly clean. I enjoyed the king size, very comfortable bed, a small sofa, a large flat panel TV with a selection of channels, hair drier (in a "budget" hotel"!), a smooth aircon, ironing board and iron and other amenities.
It is now common practice in many local budget hotels to ask for a refundable RM 50.00 security / damage deposit, and a RM 10.00 non-refundable government tourist tax - no problem. Safe parking is available on the streets surrounding the hotel.
Well done, management and staff! In the words of the Terminator: I'll be back!!

Room Tip: Call ahead for inquiries. Ask for the name of the person you spoke to.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Hermit1_12
EminentHotel, Manager at Eminent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Dear Hermit1_12,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us a review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

For the price I paid the hotel offered more than I thought I would have in a hotel room of its price.
One, the room is clean.
Two, it is decently spacious.
Three, the room facilities are complete from toiletries to bedroom slippers to ironing board so it was indeed a plus.
Four, the location is good as it is nearby restaurants and a supermarket. There is one restaurant just outside the hotel too.
Five, the area is decently outside the heavy traffic flow so even though I was there for work purposes at a nearby place so it was a good location, personally speaking.
Six, friendly and helpful staff.
The only downside is that the rooms are not very sound proof as I could here light noises probably from the restaurant workers below and moving objects n people from a floor above.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
EminentHotel, Manager at Eminent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear Felicia D,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us a review. We are pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us. Thank you for bringing our attention to the sound issues you experienced. We will definitely look into ways in which we may be able to improve on this aspect. Thank you once again, and we hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 22 November 2017

This place is great for so many reasons. Good location, really great nearby restaurants, services and small shops and great time and service. Not fancy but everything your want and more. Comfortable bed, really nice towels and bed linens at a budget hotel price.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank PeteandMare
EminentHotel, Manager at Eminent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2017

Dear Petesma,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

Booked this hotel as it is nearer for my friends to pick me up. It's outside of the city centre, closer to the airport. Cost me RM7 from airport to hotel via Grab. Was pleasantly surprised with what is essentially a shop lot conversion.. Rooms are spacious, clean with coffee-making amenities as well as basic toiletries. Shops and restaurants are right on your doorstep as well. They do collect RM50 as a deposit but this is common in Malaysia. Also, non-Malaysian visitors please take note there's a new tourism tax in place which is over and above the room rate advertised. Reception staff was friendly. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
EminentHotel, Manager at Eminent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

Dear farahemi,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you again in the future.