All reviews coffee beans kids pool spacious room dining table shopping mall conceirge cupboard eateries
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed at room 1308 from 15 Jun until 18 Jun 2018, the room was very big but as I remembered that tge room have a sofa but at that time it was not at there. Actually we loved the room specially the location. My kid loved to swim and played in the swimming pool.
But the water heater for the hot water, we have to turn on all of the water around 10 minutes until the water became hot. So how was the hotel said to eco friendly hotel if have to waste the water just to get the hot water. The engineering guy told ti do that if we need to take a bath with hot / warm water. And i found that they don't give Bath&Body Gel for the second day but they fill in with water, so we have to ask for the housekeeping.
We stayed for 3 nights, so we asked for another room but at the reception said they are fully booked.
And a lot of ant inside the room.

After all, for that price (room only) maybe.....

Trip type: Travelled with family
Ramesh R, General Manager at The Gurney Resort Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2018

Dear,

Thank you for your recent stay and for being a loyal customer. Thank you also for taking the time to write a review about your good and not so good experience during your stay. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations and have taken particular note of your hot/cold water experience with the taps in the room plus the lack of a sofa.

In regards to the renovation, we are currently also planning extensive renovations with our owning company and should be in a position to make announcements in this regard in the not too distant future.

We are grateful for your support and do hope that we may have the pleasure of your company at our Hotel in the future.Please contact me via my e-mail at gm@gurney-hotel.com.my for your next visit and I will ensure that we are fully prepared to provide you with a good stay.

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Danesh has provided an excellent service during our stay in Gurney Resort Hotel. On the day we checked out, he helped us to move our luggage to a cab while we were checking out and informed us the counter number for getting on the coach to Kuala Lumbar.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Ramesh R, General Manager at The Gurney Resort Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Dear honwee,

Thank you for your recent stay and for having taken the time to write a review about your experience during your stay.

Your kind comments regarding Danesh are greatly appreciated. You are absolutely correct , Danesh is our champion and ambassador of our Hotel! Customer care is among our highest priorities, it is always gratifying to receive such praise and yes we are very proud to have him on our team.

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel many times, unfortunately this time staying was not as enjoyable. WiFi was extremely slow, a lot of parts of the hotel were closed, such as the gym, no atmosphere at the pool floor (no music etc), the rooms are looking a bit dated and need better taken care of, not a lot of plug sockets, no where to store your clothes, we had an open wardrobe with nothing in it (no rails, draws or hangers).

On the plus the lobby is wonderful as always, and the buffet breakfast was still good, with lots of variety. The hotel has a very good location.

As I said I have stayed here many times before so I may try it again, but I hope next time these things will be improved so I can continue to stay when I visit Georgetown.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Ramesh R, General Manager at The Gurney Resort Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Dear justinmooi,

Thank you for your recent stay and for being a loyal customer. Thank you also for taking the time to write a review about your good and not so good experience during your stay. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations and have taken particular note of your suggestion that the hotel needs refurbishment/redecoration.We have also taken note and are aware of the Wi-Fi that has caused some intermittent problems recently and we are working closely with our provider to improve this.

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

I am Gopi Krishna. I am writing this in appreciation for the excellent service rendered by staff of The Gurney Hotel,specifically Danesh from the conceirge department. I stayed at the hotel in room 3507 and 3508 with my family from 25/05/18 till 28/05/18. The above mentioned person, Danesh had provided a service of hospitality that I've yet to experience. Right from the start whereby my luggage was served to my doorstep, subsequently each day he covered my transportation needs and even went the extra mile by providing suggestions of places of interest which met our needs. I really appreciate his hospitality and genuine kindness.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Ramesh R, General Manager at The Gurney Resort Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Dear krish3869,

Reviewed 4 June 2018

I have booked our room directly via Hotel website and manage to get a good rate.
We had 2Nights stay at Gurney Hotel. Personally, the hotel need refurbishment as the lobby, rooms, cafe are outdated. Even the lift was very slow.
Eventhough the room is spacious, but it is outdated. The toiletries was not to our expectation, and there was only 3 plug point in the room. There was drilling and knocking nearby our room, which was very noisy, and manage to update the reception.
Nevertheless, the F&B staff was helpful during my sahour. A bit lazy to come down early morning at the cafe, so i called room service at 4,00 am and they sent our sahour accordingly. Thanks to that.
Do hope that the hotel management would look into refurbish the rooms and make the hotel more enlighten. Gurney hotel was once a 5 star hotel 15 years back before G Hotel, Evergreen Laurel exist.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Ramesh R, General Manager at The Gurney Resort Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Dear laneyna1615,