“Fantastic affordable breakfast. Best in town.”

behind 50,love lane
Ranked #203 of 1 104 Restaurants in George Town
Cuisines: Malaysian
Description: Vintage Little Restaurant In George Town Old City Center
Description: Vintage Little Restaurant In George Town Old City Center
Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

Have a wonderful morning here that serve several breakfast that you can't find in others place in town like Fritata with full of different vegetables like spinach, capsicum, mushroom, onion, etc. on eggs that also mozzarella cheese on top.

I was so surprise that they also serve Tortilla with eggs and mozzarella cheese and come with their specialty Mexican sauce that is tasty and delicious.

As a male I was ordered a double eggs cheese and hams burger. The portion almost is big for me to skip my lunch.

The most important is they are far more affordable price compared to the others breakfast cafe in town. This is why there are more backpackers and tourists always willing to dropped by as what I saw.

Definitely will come here again!

1  Thank Kief W

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

This is a most lovely cafe that I loved to go for my breakfast every weekend or during public holiday. The food right here is really delicious! Before I explore this place, I used to not having breakfast but after I came here for the first time, I really can make myself wake up early in the morning to have the breakfast.

Reviewed 21 October 2017

We stayed quite close to this place so we went in for breakfast - and I believe they only do breakfast now and it is not a bar anymore.

Unfortunately, it must be a busy day for them as we had to literally wait for one hour before our breakfast finally arrived. My banana toast was very delicious. We could see a lot of disappointing customers going away and the three ladies in the kitchen were absolutely frantic. If they could speed up the cooking and have a bit of organization, this place really is worth a second visit.

Food: Excellent
Service: So so
Price: not cheap

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

What drew us in was the nice shabby chic setting and the pictures of the food on the wall.

However we were quite disappointed; the coffee was somewhat earthy tasting. The food was just ok, we expected more after seeing the pictures and reading the reviews online. My eggs weren't cooked and all wobbly at the top so I had to ask to cook it more. The flavours were a little bland.

It was an ok breakfast but for the same price you can get a really good feast and amazing coffee at wheelers coffee. The portion size was really good though.

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

We had breakfast one day at Behind 50 during our stay in Georgetown and what a great surprise it was! The place has some breakfast option beyond the basic bacon and egg.. we tried the egg fritada (RM13,90 with coffe) and it was delicious!!!!! The other options seemed very yummy as well! The place is also very nicely decorated! Highly recommend!!!!