“Dinner”

Restoran Mun Choong S/B
Ranked #47 of 596 Restaurants in Ipoh
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

Back for another dinner. Had the big freshwater prawns fried with soy sauce, crab soup, steamed tiger grouper, stewed pork leg, stir fried beans and stir fried bean threads. All prepared well. The prawns were excellent cooked just right. No new dishes to try.

Reviewed 2 December 2017

Had the pleasure of celebrating a dear friend’s birthday today here. The dishes served were good to excellent. Among the recommended ones would be the Steamed Pak So Gong (catfish) ; Big Head Freshwater Prawn steamed with garlic and diced ginger; Crab meat in lettuce ala popiah style.
Staff were attentive and pleasant. The deco probably needs a new look.

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

Had two very enjoyable meals here in Dec 2016 and September 2017. The tofu with squid, pork knuckle cooked in bread, and big head shrimp were all very good. Definitely a must visit whenever I'm in Ipoh.

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

A pleasant restaurant and also an "old name" amongst the locals and
out of towners. Servings are generous... we had 6 dishes for 6 adults and really couldn't finish! Slightly in the salty side for our family (we tend to eat less sodium in our home cooking). The best is the soy pan fry giant "big head" prawns. Although they were generous with the salted eggs in the salted egg suit dish... but I prefer the KL style with curry leaves.

1  Thank MinaLim_KUL
Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

Heard so much about the prawn so I've decided to check it out. Went for early dinner at 5.45pm and I was the only one there. I've asked for a menu, but the waitress told me there was none. She just told me to ask whatever I want XD

Then she recommended prawn stirred fried with soy sauce. And I selected a vege dish - baby bak choy with garlic.

Paid about rm 57 (no rice). So the prawn is pricy, but it was worth it.