“Not sure what's the fuss all about”
Review of Restoran M Salim

Restoran M Salim
Ranked #98 of 581 Restaurants in Ipoh
Cuisines: Malaysian
Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

Went for dinner with the family but regretted my decision by the end of it. Service standard is par with similar restaurants. I ordered the nasi kandar which was served in a plate too small to accommodate the meat. The food tasted bland and I lost my appetite after eating the food. However my wife had the kambing soup which was tasty. We ordered some rice and meat dishes for the kids to share. When the bill came, I was surprised and when I spread the price out, it appeared that a plate of nasi kandar without any meat (only gravy) is more expensive than the meat. I decided to give this place another try, next day morning for breakfast, and it was ok. All-in-all, I wouldn't recommend this place for either lunch or dinner but if you happen to stay at a nearby hotel then you can go here for breakfast.

2  Thank Narendran J

Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

Cheap and good food.
Love the fried chicken wings.
Wasn’t salty at all. Meets my tastebuds. Friendly service crew too. It’s a must try. Especially if you are staying at Bedrock hotel cos it’s just opposite the hotel. They are open daily till 12am but Fridays they are closed 1pm-2pm.

It’s a great deal if you wanna eat Indian meal! We ordered 1 plate of veg, 1 chicken wing, 1 plate of mutton curry (must try), 1 plate of chicken spare parts, rice, 3 drinks which only cost us Sing dollars 10 wow!

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

The fish & mutton curry is great.. the taste is subtle.. nothing extreme so it feels like home cook food. The price is reasonable .

Reviewed 16 September 2017

Had our lunch there, nasi kandar with chicken, curry fish and squid. The food taste great, the place was clean and price was OK. The curry still lingers hours afterwards. Open from 6.30 am till 3.00 am.

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

The recipe and taste of curry mutton of the shop has dramatically changed alot recently. Roti canai here served with the curry mutton is unbelievably tasty and satisfy. Teh tarik is a must as well.

1  Thank terrykow