“Mookata in Cameron”

Cactus View Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 53 Restaurants in Brinchang
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

Located in a corner of Brinchang and entrance of the cactus view farm. A good place for gathering of friends and family. This place served up a decent Mookata which is a Thai style steamboat. Very suitable for the cold weather in Cameron Highland

Reviewed 14 August 2018

We went there at around 5.30pm for dinner but the place was already full and we would not get any table. So we asked whether we can RSVP - the answer is NO but we can wait or return back. We did not as we have toddlers and children. I guess the food may be good, but the attitude we experience was bad.

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

Got away from the city for an overnight at the highlands.
Weather reminds me of London in early May.
This is a steamboat/barbeque Chinese semiopen restaurant with additional ala carte menu.
I like the service here, they use queue numbers so no need to fret about getting a table.
Very friendly owner, very delicious food.My favourite is the steamboat/barbeque set and bak kut teh.
Price is reasonable and fixed.

Reviewed 8 July 2018

If you're not familiar with Chinese fondue, like I was before I came to this restaurant, this will be a really cool experience. You just get a bunch of ingredients and a giant fondue machine, then you just start putting in whatever you want. After a while you get this flavourful broth as well because of everything you've put in. Like a lot of local restaurants in Malaysia, don't go there for the aesthetic, it's a very no nonsense kind of business.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

I found out about this place while googling for places to eat around Big Red Strawberry Farm. Cactus View Restaurant is next to it, but it turned out to offer more than just convenience.

The Bak Kut Teh was a real standout - I will be recommending this to all my friends planning a trip to Cameron Highlands. We also ordered fried silken egg tofu dusted in five spice powder and served with Thai sweet chilli; that was a real surprise and very delicious.

I wish we had room for their BBQ/Steamboat (similar to a mookata), which seemed very popular.

Beware: The restaurant is slightly off the main road, and the drive back to the main road is steeper, narrower more crowded than the most other roads in the area.