See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 February 2018

Made two consecutive stays: 27.jan.2018 for 3 days and from 01.feb.2018 for 10 days.
Both times I have had to repeatedly request the receipts of payments received.
In the end, the two-period receipts were delivered to me while I was leaving for the airport without giving me time to check.
Subsequently, checking them I noticed that they were NOT related to my stays (January and February 2018) but to "catering" services in December 2017.
The will to NOT make the correct receipts is obvious, given how many times I had requested the release of the receipts.
While, at the arrival of both stays, with the suitcases still in hand, at the Reception, I was asked for IMMEDIATELY the balance of the stay still to be used.
The breakfasts - made to order and not buffet - on several occasions had the juices watered down, and the fruit brought, in a couple of occasions, was inedible, smelled like mold because too ripe.
Evidently, given the very few guests present, the kitchen was not replenished until it was able to exhaust what is in the pantry.
On the first stay, as soon as we arrived, the room had a shower that did not drain the water and flooded.
and there was no hot water.
Overall, there are many other better facilities in Malindi. Said knowingly that for years I went on vacation in Kenya and I tried several resorts, residences, and villas for rent. With the choice available in Malindi, better to go elsewhere

Room Tip: Poor WiFi in the area
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2017

None of the images depicted on Bookings.com are what is on ground. Basic accommodation with none of the facilities and amenities we were expecting. Very disappointed. Property next to Public beach and a Tuk Tuk stop right outside your property Gate. Not my idea of a relaxing getaway. Left the very next morning and of course the owner could care less that we were disappointed. No money back.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Margaret K
Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

Nice place
I spent two nights here. We had a warm welcome at the reception.The rooms are comfortable, clean,spacious with good free WiFi.The staff are friendly ,the food was amazing.we enjoyed your services,will be back soon.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2017

Stayed there for 3 nights, it has a beach front, the staff are very friendly and helpful, led by the ever smiling and most pleasant Cecilia always going out of their way to make guests comfortable.
Rooms have a view of the swimming pool and garden with the ones on upper floors having a view of the sea.
I loved my stay there because of the tranquillity and the privacy offered to each room.

However I found the facility very basic and thus a little over priced for the kind of service on offer, especially their rooms.

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper floors have a view of the ocean but you will pay more for them.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Nicola B, Direttore at Silver Rock Hotel - Silversand Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2017

Dear kagiaj,

thank you for your kind review. We take in seroius consideration your advices, and we are always improving the facilities in the room to make always a better experience to our guests.

The managemenet

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

This hotel is below standard; poorly equipped, super basic and not value for money. It is also NOT directly on the beach, so the picture is misleading. Windows (bathroom) not covered with mosquito net... Bar not open at 4pm...not even for a soda. Lack lusture service.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple