See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 December 2014

We had an exciting moment.The staff are so willing to assist and friendly.I had a small BAby they always organized for meals at no extra cost.I would recommend they assort the food,we ate same kind of food for breakfast,same lunch and dinner.ASSORT FOOT TYPES PLEASE..The rooms too are kinda stuffy and the beds are not comfy..

Room Tip: Higher floors have less ac noise.
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 October 2014

Nairobi is a relatively short flight from Johannesburg. After that you still have to transfer to Mombasa however. And then it's about an hour long drive to Malindi. So, the trip takes almost a full day.

We arrived shortly before midnight and were very grateful to be offered something to eat before we went to bed.

We checked into a sea facing room. Waking up to that incredible view the next morning (and for the 6 or 7 days after that) was incredible. I'd definitely recommend a sea facing room.

We booked an all inclusive package. I'd certainly recommend the same. Every meal was taken care of and drinks flowed throughout the day. The staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. We went from breakfast to lunch to supper. In between meals, we lazed about by the pool, we read and we slept. Light snacks were offered in between main meals. And, the food was amazing, especially the French onion soup!

The pool water was lovely and warm. We swam a lot! The ocean was warm too.

June is off season so Malindi is quiet. A number of the neighboring resorts were closed, but that added to the absolutely relaxed nature of our holiday. I don't enjoy reading much, but I finished two books during the week that we stayed. We did limited sightseeing and really just enjoyed our time at the resort.

The room in which we stayed was great. The was no TV and we had no telephone reception (the latter by choice). So, we were completely removed from the world for a week. Bliss!

On the patio of our first floor room was a lounger. A great place to enjoy the sea views and have a relaxing afternoon lie down.

The laundry staff folded our towels into swans and other amazing shapes every day and sprinkled rose petals around the room. Such a nice touch.

I proposed to my wife at a private dining table on the beach during our stay. The staff went above and beyond to ensure that the moment was special. And the chef cooked a really great 3 or 4 course meal for our special occasion.

We will never forget Sandies Coconut Village. Easily the best holiday we've ever been on.

-- we visited in June 2011.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2013

Spent a month there and found service and staff to be just great food was good and evenings round the pool with a brandy finished my day of really well
I thought the management went that extra bit extra to make everything as good as it should be and all of the staff were most helpful and always happy to help in any way
The beach is great only down was some of the pool activities were sometimes a bit to loud for our taste

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vic M
Reviewed 31 December 2012

We arrived after lunch concluded and were met with 'sandwiches', also known as two slices of thick slightly stale bread with a thin piece of unidentifiable meat. The rooms are nothing like what is portrayed on the website. Spartan and tiny. 'Deluxe beachfront'? I think not.
I write this while currently residing at the hotel. Having enjoyed endless power cuts and terrible air conditioning in addition to a New Years meal that would strongly rival the fare served at the orphanage I imagine Oliver Twist resided in. On a serious note, the food is bland and the selection dull. We are currently being buffeted by extreme winds that render the food not only tasteless but also stone cold to boot. The wait staff do not function in tandem with each other having a different concept and understanding of applicable procedures. We have thoroughly enjoyed being displaced from our selected table in favour of how shall we say, more 'popular' customers hailing from non-African shores. My last stay in Malindi was at Kilili Baharini. Whilst the rooms were nothing to write home about, the experience was exemplary. This cost more, and was infinitely disappointing. In a nutshell, don't do it.

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank Nyamisa
Reviewed 23 December 2012

What a wonderful resort. We travelled as 3 single girls, sharing a triple family room. It had a large comfy double bed and a single bed, both surrounded by mosquito nets. There is a large walk in cupboard and a gigantic bathroom - perfect for three girls.
There are 3 swimming pools and a private beach, overlooking the actual beach. However the tide goes out very far and the beach boys are pretty relentless so not really ideal for swimming but the pools are so much closer to the bar anyway. There are tons of sun loungers but no umbrellas so if you need shade look for a lounger on the beach under the palm trees.
There is a huge breakfast, lunch and dinner buffet with excellent choice and variety. And if you befriend the chef you may even get your very own chocolatey goodness dessert.
All the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful.
This is really a tropical paradise and I only wish we could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: There are sea facing rooms but I really enjoyed the pool facing room as you can lie on the day bed on the patio and it's only a few steps to the pool.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends