Free cancellation until 30/07
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
US$141
TripAdvisor
Akarinoyado Villa Revage(Nikko)(Great Value!)
TripAdvisor
All reviewspublic bathroom was spaciousjapanese style roompotato saladearly in the eveningminute walksacred bridgestay there againthe main streettrain stationvisit nikkopleasant stayamenitiestaxifutontokyoryokan
Reviewed 3 April 2018

My first experience in a Japanese style room and it was sweet, but compared to the ones I had later in the trip it was just average. The room was fine and a good size, but nothing special. A decent walk from the train station (although a bus stop is right outside the front door), but very convenient to the main sites of Nikko. It was perfect and clean for a one night stay, and the price was very reasonable. Wish it had a onsen.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 December 2017

Couldn't have asked for a better location! The sacred bridge is almost right across the street and it leads right to the hill with the shrine/temple area--less than a block from the hotel! (Of course, once you enter the complex, there is still a lot of uphill walking to reach the main shrines and buildings but you'll be so enthralled with the beauty of the forest and your surroundings, you won't mind the hike. Just be prepared that it's a pretty large area to cover.)

The ladies at the front desk are sweet but have very limited English. Their relief to find out that my tall blond son spoke perfect Japanese was almost comical! There is a lovely onsen hot springs pool in the basement that we had completely to ourselves. Breakfast was adequate.

Be aware that most people visit Nikko as a day trip from Tokyo so the place closes up completely by about 6:00 p.m. Dining options are very limited. There is a wonderful steakhouse just up the hill from the bridge that we ate at twice.

Take a taxi from the train station. The hotel is uphill from the station and much too far to walk.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 November 2017

When I arrived here this afternoon the staff rushed me getting out of the taxi and took my bag away before I could stop them and my camera fell out and my $1000 lens broke. They did not seem to understand what they did. So although the room is nice and the hotel is very clean, I am very displeased with their treatment at check in and even more unhappy about the fact that my expensive equipment is broken. They also rushed the checkin process in general and there is no shower or bath in the room which was not made clear at time of booking.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Kacey M
Reviewed 14 June 2017

Nikko Tokino yuu hotel is right next to shinkyo (the sacred bridge), just 5 mins bus from the train station, walk-able too. The staff are all friendly and polite, it was a shower rain when we check-in, the staff gave us towel and help drying our luggage! We were surprised and thankful for that.

We were staying in a traditional Japanese room, with a large living area (also sleeping area), toilet and bathroom are separated, they are all clean and neat. There is a public bath in the hotel, we went there at around 10pm, it was quite, nobody there but only 2 of us!

Also, the breakfast is simple but tasty. There are milk, soup, sausage, cheese, ham, potato salad, scrambled egg, bread... I really like the strawberry jam and butter there, since strawberries are famous in Tochigi, the jam is really great!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 May 2017

The ryokan is situated near Nikko Central and along the main street, which is easier to locate. We arrived at about 8pm and check-in was easy and fast. The reception staff were polite and welcoming. We booked the en-suite room and Japanese bathrobes (of our sizes) were provided for us to enjoy the onsen facility in level 1. The room is neat, clean and cosy. We enjoyed our stay in Nikko Tokino Yuu very much.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends