“Great tour with free beer”

Kirin Yokohama Beer Village
Ranked #1 of 44 Tours in Yokohama
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

Free Beer? Is there any twist? Well the twist is you get an exceptional great tour of Kirin Brewery and find out more about the history of the brand. You get an English booklet, so even though the tour is in Japanese you can easily follow. I can only recommend it

All reviews
"guide book"
"beer making"
"english handout"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
"entire tour"
"great fun"
"gift shop"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 15 December 2017

The tour is very popular among locals and 90% were locals! We reached at 2:10pm, but because we have no reservations or rather, we didn't know we can make reservations, we were told to wait until 3pm slot. So get a reservation if you are in a rush.

The tour is great because even kids and pregnant women can go! You will be given a special pass to indicate, so you won't be offered alcoholic drinks at the end of the tour. But just like others, you are entitled up to 3 drinks. I just wish they have more seatings around the tour so that elderly and pregnant women can rest their feet during the tour.

The tour is mainly Japanese-speaking. But we were given a booklet of english translation that was really useful during the tour. The host also constantly checked on us to make sure we are okay.

My husband himself a beer fan was happy with the tour and even if they start charging entrance fees, it is still worth going!

2  Thank sharonleesm
Reviewed 24 November 2017

Guided tour Kirin Brewery and ends with free flow beer for a limited time of 20 minutes. Very educational - it is in Japanese but you have English handouts that you can easily follow. The host for the tour is very accommodating. And the best is the last part - free beers. :-)

Reviewed 17 November 2017

This free tour was one of the best I've done this trip. Finding the brewery was quite easy. Just be aware Google maps can be wrong, but there is a sign re-directing you. It's informative and professional, though all in Japanese (my host spoke English if you needed help) with an English handout. At the end you get to try 3 free samples, but you'll have to be quick as you only are allowed a certain amount of time to finish the generous servings (20mins?). You'll need to get stuck in. Tip: No guarantees but I didn't book, just turned up and got added to the next tour which I really appreciated. And being free, you can afford some cool souvenirs from the gift shop!

See more reviews
Reviewed 8 November 2017

I wanted to check out this tour.
I didn't reserve a spot for the tour. It might be a good idea to, just in case.
I got lucky. Mind you I went during the week. So maybe that's why I got lucky.
As soon as you walk in you'll see the Kirin statue & it looks amazing.
The staff at the counter will ask if you are there for the tour & if you are, whether or not you have reservations.
Their knowledge was pretty good. They were very friendly & polite.
You will be handed a English guide book for the tour. Unless you understand Japanese. The whole tour is done in Japanese. But the guide book is laid out very well & you can see what the tour guide is talking about with this book.
The tour guides do a fantastic job, with of the help of the English guide book, Kirin should be commended for doing such a great job.
Very easy to follow & it was a really great tour to experience.
You get to try out some beer at the end of the tour with a snack.
There's also a gift shop where yo can get some Kirin merchandise.

They also have grounds you can walk around & relax. Another place is there that you can try other beers. Even a restaurant at the back of the facility.

If you're in the area or curious about going there, then I think you should. I think you'll enjoy it.
Just my thoughts, because I truly loved it & admired how well organized it was for a foreigner to be there, from this tour experience.
Very professional, kind, helpful, welcoming, & friendly.
It was truly amazing.