Taita Falcon Lodge
US$740
AVANI Victoria Falls Resort(Livingstone)
US$408
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsbatoka gorgesolar powered lightshigh clearance vehicleunique locationfollowing daysthe riverwonderful storiesa hot water bottleenjoyed our stayopen airbaked beansno electricityvictoria fallsnext morningbreakfast and dinnermighty zambezipeace and quiet
Reviewed 30 October 2016

We stayed here for 3 nights last month and enjoyed our stay completely. The Batoka gorge view is unforgettable and just to sit there watching the mighty Zambezi was a very memorable experience. The owner, Faun has wonderful stories to tell about this place so do enquire. The chalets are unique and clean though it felt warm inside and the tiny fan was hardly sufficient. The food was good. My husband enjoyed the swimming pool and I loved reading the coffee table books that are available.
Is this value for money? I would think this is more pricy for the facilities offered.

Room Tip: You will never forget the view of the gorge from here!
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 5 December 2016

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Unfortunarely the time of the year is exeptionally hot and dry and due to the fact that we run on solar in the rooms we cannot have big fans. As the rains have started not long after your visit I wish you could see it now -beautifull green bush and it has cooled off a lot. Please come and visit us again some other time of the year when it is not so hot and dry and I can assure you a most pleasant stay!

Reviewed 5 October 2016 via mobile

Very quiet location, quite a way from the town but well with the drive. The lovely bar overlooks the gorge and rapid 21. Very friendly, helpful staff. We were shown to our bush campsite, very private, each with individual power and bathroom.

Stayed: September 2016
TaitaFalconLodge, Owner at Taita Falcon Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2016

Thank you for your review. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay at Peregrines Nest Bush Camp.

Reviewed 29 September 2016

We were helicoptered out of the gorge following 4 days of rafting and camping, so we welcomed the showers, comfortable furniture, and WiFi.

My wife found her Happy Place, working online and drinking gin-and-tonics at the bar.

It's the setting, of course, with amazing views into the Gorge. Rooms were uncomfortably hot for some, but a small fan on the bed head-board helped a lot.

Owners very congenial. Indian-themed dinner dishes were excellent.

Long, bumpy road to/from Livingstone, though.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family

It is always good to get such a positive review and we are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us!

Reviewed 26 September 2016

I don't even know where to begin in my review of Taita Falcon Lodge. The lodge is gorgeous, secluded and sits on an amazing view of the gorge. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. From the moment I started emailing about my booking to the moment I checked out of the lodge, I felt taken care of.

Now to the actual lodge. The food was delicious for breakfast and dinner. I got help from the front desk with every activity and transportation I need to book. And the room. The room was spectacular! Absolutely beautiful.

Can't recommend it highly enough!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo

Thank you so much for your beautifull review. We love it that you enjoyed your stay with us!

Reviewed 17 August 2016 via mobile

Descided I needed a quiet relaxing retreat.
Taita is an awesome place. Outside of Livingstone along the gorges. Absoluelty stunning view and scenery.
Chalets are clean and beautifully laid out inside. Staff are friendly and helpful.
I would recommend this Lodge to all as a place to go if a restful retreat is needed. Wont be my last time here, planning on more trips!!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
TaitaFalconLodge, Owner at Taita Falcon Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2016

Thanks for your review Grant ! We are very glad you enjoyed your stay with us and you are welcome to come again. Taita Team.