Taita Falcon Lodge
Fallsway Lodge(Livingstone)
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
  • Pool
All reviewsbatoka gorgesolar powered lightshigh clearance vehicleunique locationfollowing daysthe riverwonderful storiesa hot water bottleenjoyed our stayopen airbaked beansno electricityvictoria fallsnext morningbreakfast and dinnermighty zambezipeace and quiet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 October 2016 via mobile

Very quiet location, quite a way from the town but well with the drive. The lovely bar overlooks the gorge and rapid 21. Very friendly, helpful staff. We were shown to our bush campsite, very private, each with individual power and bathroom.

Stayed: September 2016
TaitaFalconLodge, Owner at Taita Falcon Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2016

Thank you for your review. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay at Peregrines Nest Bush Camp.

Reviewed 29 September 2016

We were helicoptered out of the gorge following 4 days of rafting and camping, so we welcomed the showers, comfortable furniture, and WiFi.

My wife found her Happy Place, working online and drinking gin-and-tonics at the bar.

It's the setting, of course, with amazing views into the Gorge. Rooms were uncomfortably hot for some, but a small fan on the bed head-board helped a lot.

Owners very congenial. Indian-themed dinner dishes were excellent.

Long, bumpy road to/from Livingstone, though.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family

It is always good to get such a positive review and we are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us!

Reviewed 26 September 2016

I don't even know where to begin in my review of Taita Falcon Lodge. The lodge is gorgeous, secluded and sits on an amazing view of the gorge. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. From the moment I started emailing about my booking to the moment I checked out of the lodge, I felt taken care of.

Now to the actual lodge. The food was delicious for breakfast and dinner. I got help from the front desk with every activity and transportation I need to book. And the room. The room was spectacular! Absolutely beautiful.

Can't recommend it highly enough!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo

Thank you so much for your beautifull review. We love it that you enjoyed your stay with us!

Reviewed 17 August 2016 via mobile

Descided I needed a quiet relaxing retreat.
Taita is an awesome place. Outside of Livingstone along the gorges. Absoluelty stunning view and scenery.
Chalets are clean and beautifully laid out inside. Staff are friendly and helpful.
I would recommend this Lodge to all as a place to go if a restful retreat is needed. Wont be my last time here, planning on more trips!!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
TaitaFalconLodge, Owner at Taita Falcon Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2016

Thanks for your review Grant ! We are very glad you enjoyed your stay with us and you are welcome to come again. Taita Team.

Reviewed 13 August 2016

We stayed here for three days of R and R after 8 day safari, The place is fabulous and the pictures do not do the view justice. The owners and the staff are very friendly and helpful, you are made to feel very welcome from the outset. It is almost like being part of the family. A great atmosphere to help you relax. Nothing is to much trouble and organising a trip could not be made more easy, We had a fantastic driver Viktor who was very informative and happy to accompany us to all the activities we had booked to ensure that there were no problems. We took a day and visited the falls, did a zip slide over the gorge and took a helicopter ride.

Our chalet was spacious, clean and comfortable, they are well spaced out ensuring privacy and have their own little garden with an outdoor cold shower for those hot days. They also have an excellent laundry service with clothes back the same day, Hot water bottles which was just bliss for me as it was winter when we were there and I am a lizard.lol, instead of a safe you have a lock box which is big took all three of our day packs, thought this was a fantastic idea and it looked great in the room. Clearly a lot of thought and time has been taken in the design of the chalet and it really shows.

The bar, dinning area has the most amazing view over the gorge, with abundant wild birds to watch, bush squirrels and geckos.
The dinner menu is set with starters and dessert served by waiter, main course is from a buffet, the food was good, hot and wholesome, well cooked and tasty, my only gripe is that some of the salads were not washed properly and had dirt in them, the garnishing on one occasion was a bit of a lettuce leaf with a slice of tomato on it, and the butter one morning looked as if it had been recycled as it had bits of food in it. This was a shame as the rest of the stay was excellent, a little more attention to detail in the food service would make all the difference.

Would I go back? Yes the accommodation is lovely, the food on a whole is very good rooms are fab and the staff could not be more helpful or friendly.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
TaitaFalconLodge, Owner at Taita Falcon Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2016

Dear Lizzy, thank you for your beautiful review! We love it when people enjoy their stay with us. We will definitely give more attention on the food service as suggested! Thank you. Taita Team.