Taita Falcon Lodge
US$831
US$152
US$401
  • Pool
Ngoma Zanga Lodge(Livingstone)(Great Value!)
US$68
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
Chrismar Hotel(Livingstone)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbatoka gorgesolar powered lightshigh clearance vehicleunique locationfollowing daysthe riverwonderful storiesa hot water bottleenjoyed our stayopen airbaked beansno electricityvictoria fallsnext morningbreakfast and dinnermighty zambezipeace and quiet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 September 2016

I don't even know where to begin in my review of Taita Falcon Lodge. The lodge is gorgeous, secluded and sits on an amazing view of the gorge. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. From the moment I started emailing about my booking to the moment I checked out of the lodge, I felt taken care of.

Now to the actual lodge. The food was delicious for breakfast and dinner. I got help from the front desk with every activity and transportation I need to book. And the room. The room was spectacular! Absolutely beautiful.

Can't recommend it highly enough!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
TaitaFalconLodge, Owner at Taita Falcon Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2016

Thank you so much for your beautifull review. We love it that you enjoyed your stay with us!

Reviewed 17 August 2016 via mobile

Descided I needed a quiet relaxing retreat.
Taita is an awesome place. Outside of Livingstone along the gorges. Absoluelty stunning view and scenery.
Chalets are clean and beautifully laid out inside. Staff are friendly and helpful.
I would recommend this Lodge to all as a place to go if a restful retreat is needed. Wont be my last time here, planning on more trips!!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
TaitaFalconLodge, Owner at Taita Falcon Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2016

Thanks for your review Grant ! We are very glad you enjoyed your stay with us and you are welcome to come again. Taita Team.

Reviewed 13 August 2016

We stayed here for three days of R and R after 8 day safari, The place is fabulous and the pictures do not do the view justice. The owners and the staff are very friendly and helpful, you are made to feel very welcome from the outset. It is almost like being part of the family. A great atmosphere to help you relax. Nothing is to much trouble and organising a trip could not be made more easy, We had a fantastic driver Viktor who was very informative and happy to accompany us to all the activities we had booked to ensure that there were no problems. We took a day and visited the falls, did a zip slide over the gorge and took a helicopter ride.

Our chalet was spacious, clean and comfortable, they are well spaced out ensuring privacy and have their own little garden with an outdoor cold shower for those hot days. They also have an excellent laundry service with clothes back the same day, Hot water bottles which was just bliss for me as it was winter when we were there and I am a lizard.lol, instead of a safe you have a lock box which is big took all three of our day packs, thought this was a fantastic idea and it looked great in the room. Clearly a lot of thought and time has been taken in the design of the chalet and it really shows.

The bar, dinning area has the most amazing view over the gorge, with abundant wild birds to watch, bush squirrels and geckos.
The dinner menu is set with starters and dessert served by waiter, main course is from a buffet, the food was good, hot and wholesome, well cooked and tasty, my only gripe is that some of the salads were not washed properly and had dirt in them, the garnishing on one occasion was a bit of a lettuce leaf with a slice of tomato on it, and the butter one morning looked as if it had been recycled as it had bits of food in it. This was a shame as the rest of the stay was excellent, a little more attention to detail in the food service would make all the difference.

Would I go back? Yes the accommodation is lovely, the food on a whole is very good rooms are fab and the staff could not be more helpful or friendly.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
TaitaFalconLodge, Owner at Taita Falcon Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2016

Dear Lizzy, thank you for your beautiful review! We love it when people enjoy their stay with us. We will definitely give more attention on the food service as suggested! Thank you. Taita Team.

Reviewed 25 July 2016

You will be hard pressed to spend time in a location with the views of Taita Falcon. I visit Taita 4 times a year and believe me, the pictures of the Gorge really don't do it justice. Anmarie and Faan are such gracious hosts and the staff bend over backwards to make sure your every need is looked after. The indivdual chalets are spectacular and the restaurant and bar overlook the Gorge and you'll be hard pressed to leave once you settle in.
Driving there is half the fun too. You will literally drive right through the middle of a small village and if you're lucky enough to drive through when Church is in, you'll hear some of the most beautiful singing you've ever heard. Is the road bumpy? Yep. It's rural Africa folks - enjoy the views that surround you, but just make sure you go. It's truly a hidden gem.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank JonM_63
TaitaFalconLodge, Owner at Taita Falcon Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2016

It so good to hear from you! We appreciate your review of Taita very much and hope to see you again soon!
Taita Team

Reviewed 12 July 2016

We had the most wonderful 3-night stay at Taita. There were five of us in 4 cabins. First, the view over the gorge is awe-striking. The rooms have straw walls that don't go to the ceilings and trees in the shower, and just this perfect combination of luxury and rustic outdoors, with lovely beds with mosquito netting and in the cold season, a nice hot water bottle under the covers.

The staff were the best possible - everyone was so kind, courteous, warm and helpful. We booked many of our activities through Taita, such as a tour of the falls. I knew this meant transportation, but I didn't understand that it would also mean the we would have our own person, knowledgeable tour guide with us!

The food - no exaggeration - was the best we had in Africa and some of the best I've had period, and that's high praise from a NYC foodie/snob. Everything was fresh-- most of the produce coming from Faun's garden. The food was lovely and inventive and our vegetarian friend did not get sad little veggie scraps, like many places do, but lovely casseroles and other goodies. The fresh baked breads were to die for.

My advice is to appreciate this place for what it is - it's a haul to get to along an awful road - this adds a solid 30 minutes to your trips in and out of the major attractions. Faun is taking measures to try to improve the road conditions, but the road is what it is. I didn't mind the drive back and forth in exchange for arriving at a special sight with lovely food and great views, but it did wear on some of my colleagues. For me, driving there and passing the local villages made me feel like I was more properly in Zambia than at some luxury resort walled off from the real world, but I accept that it's not for everyone or that maybe shorter stays may be to people's liking.

Also, yes, the wireless sucks and while there is hot water all the time, there is no electricity or ability to charge your electronics until they turn on the generator for a few hours at night. For me, this was just fine. I rarely get the opportunity to really be away, relax and check out. If you need to be connected, this is not for you. But if you are ready to unplug, you'll love it.

In short, if you want to stay in a lovely spot, with wonderful people, views and food, comfortable rooms and relaxation, with a camp feel, you are going to adore Taita. If you want the pure luxury experience, with very quick access to attractions, maybe it's not for you. I'd go back in a second and hope that I can some day!!!

Room Tip: The cabins are all separated by a good amount of space and very quiet. They are all excellent.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank HVTravelGirl
TaitaFalconLodge, Owner at Taita Falcon Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2016

Thank you for your review! We love it that you enjoyed your stay with us.Thank you also for understanding that certain things are not perfect as we are a bit out of the way of the normal connectivity but are the best place to just get away and relax without being too far to enjoy all the activities on offer in the area. So glad you enjoyed our food!
Taita Team