“Lovely waitress, food disappointing”
Review of Kubu Cafe

Kubu Cafe
Price range: US$2 - US$10
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Kubu Cafe serve a good assortment of cafe food, fine coffees,brunches & lunches, cakes and snacks, and delicious dinners. We are fully liscensed to sell alcohol.
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

We stopped here for food. The waitress was a lovely lady, very friendly and service minded. We both ordered steaks. I had to return mine because it was ordered medium done and it got served as being as done as can be done. Since the fries that came along tasted as being fried in somewhat old oil I decided not take the lady up on her offer to get me a new one.
My brothers steak was about 1/3 fat that had to be cut off.
This is a nice place to have a drink with friendly staff, but the food was disappointing.

KUBU_CAFE, Owner at Kubu Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Oh goodness,
I am so sorry to hear about your bad experience with the steak. I have looked at the raw steaks, and agree that there is too much fat on them. Also found that a very junior cook cooked the steaks as the head chef was out, so I am terribly sorry...and thank you for your feedback. I take note too on the comment on the oil..and will be checking.
Kind Regards,
Lucy

Reviewed 29 October 2017

A charming cafe with good food and friendly, helpful staff. Nice, varied menu, and fair prices. No complaints!

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

This cafe is right in the middle of Livingstone. It is in a great setting and the food is fabulous and not expensive. We kept returning there after trying other places. I had the curry twice it was so good and on my final visit I tested myself to a pudding! The pancakes were among the best I've ever had!

KUBU_CAFE, Owner at Kubu Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Oh thanks so much..so happy you have enjoyed the food and service!
Kind Regards,
Lucy

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Really good carrot cake, the service is excellent, the quesadillas really good, the place really nice to stay and chill because there is wifi, so really cool.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

Visited this place several times, due to travel to Livingstone city. Its the best option for European travelers :)