Reviews (2 032)
2 032 results
All reviews zambezi sun victoria falls sister hotel pool bar free entry royal livingstone next door buffet dinner hotel grounds short walk main restaurant african queen wild animals national park large pool pool side hotel guests buffet style
117 - 122 of 2 032 reviews
Reviewed 15 June 2018

This was the first stop for my wife and I in Africa mainly to see the Victoria falls. The hotel is right next to the falls and admission is free on the Zambia side if you are a hotel guest. The border from Zambia to Zimbabwe is only a short walk and you can cross the border provided you buy the visa on arrival at Livingstone airport. The staff are friendly and the food, service and facilities are very good. It is situated close to a national park and so it is not unusual to see Impala, Zebras, monkeys and even a giraffe in the grounds from time to time. Livingston is a short taxi ride away and is a good place to visit although you only need half a day to see all it has to offer. It does however, have banks, post office, supermarket etc should you need these services.

This hotel was the only location we had not pre-booked a transfer to from the airport and in all the excitement of the trip this did not occur to us until we were sat in Johannesburg airport waiting for our flight to Livingstone. In a panic to get something arranged for our arrival I consulted tripadvisor and found the name of Dennis Munsaka. Mobile +260 96 8362775 he is also on WhatsApp.
Email: dmsstudioent@yahoo.com
What a guy! I called Dennis from the airport and he was at Livingstone bang on time for our arrival. he is a really, really, nice guy and acted as a bit of a guide for us during our stay. We used him for everything we wanted to do during our stay and we found him reliable, reasonably priced and very knowledgeable. We could not recommend him enough and you can be sure if you call and do not get an answer straight away he will return your call as soon as he is able. There were other taxi's available at the airport that were punting for business but when you are in a strange place for the first time Dennis is a very reassuring character to have around.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

Lovely hotel, situated in Zambia , with Zebra , Buffalo, monkey’s, plus many more animals roaming free.

Top quality restaurant, swimming pool & comfortable lodging.

Right on the side of Victoria Falls. Which you can visit as many times as possible from 6am to 6pm.

Lovely helpful staff, well worth a visit for all people.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

I really want to give Avani VF Resort 5 Stars, but I have one reservation. First though, the “greats”: atmosphere is amazing, public spaces are beautiful, location to Victoria Falls has to be the best, food is outstanding (best omelettes I’ve ever had...not sure why, but for 2 days in a row they were!), and the greeting by the dancers was crazy cool. My wife and I enjoyed seeing the zebras (don’t try to approach them or touch them and they are completely safe), giraffes, cute little mongooses (mongeese?), impalas, and a food-stealing monkey (it was sooo cute watching the wait staff try to shoo it away!). The rooms are also spacious and comfortable. My problem: there is mold/mildew in the shower that could easily be removed with bleach and a little elbow-grease (brushing). Overall, we love it here and would definitely return.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2018

The proximity to the falls just can't be beat - literally a 3 to 5 minute walk. The grounds of the resort are lovely and zebras and monkeys roaming freely add to the beauty.
The room was quite nice - comfortable and quiet. Nothing outstanding about it but you don't go to Victoria Falls to hang out in your hotel room!
The breakfast buffet in the restaurant was very good with many, many choices. We had dinner twice at the bar/pool restaurant and the food and ambiance were lovely. The service left a little to be desired - pretty slow and we were ignored both evenings until we asked if we could order.
All in all, a great place to stay when visiting the falls!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2018

This was an outstanding facility located directly across from the Victoria Falls Park. The rooms, restaurant, bar, and lodge are lovely. Staff is courteous, friendly, and helpful. The grounds are beautiful. Wildlife roams the grounds. In room wifi works well. Access to the Falls is literally out the back door. I really enjoyed my stay.

Tip: The wildlife is wild. Don't try to pet it.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends