“Mainly fish, prawns and calamari. Excellent!”
Review of Ocean Basket

Ocean Basket
Ranked #3 of 37 Restaurants in Livingstone
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

If you don’t like fish, prawns and calamari then you should probably avoid this restaurant since most of the seafood dishes are combinations of those. Otherwise, you’ll love it! Excellent food. Plus sushi. Good service. Prices not too bad. Overall recommended!

Reviewed 17 May 2018

We sat down and have some good fish after the Falls and it was great , The service and food was splendid and friendly

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Really poor service.

I arrived at the place at 14 05 hours and placed our orders as follows

2 x prawn in pan
1 x fish and chips
1 x prawn curry and rice
1 x fish and chips masala

The 2 x prawn in pan and 1 x fried fish and chips came with in 20 min from placing order.

The other 2 dishes an hour went by and still it didnt come. People that came after us had their food and went away and we still didnt get served our food.

After an hour of waiting we enquired from the waiter as to whats going on and the waiter went to check with the chef and both the chef and waiter started having an argument over the same order.

In short the order was not even given in to prepare and only after we enquired they decided to prepare our food.

I decided to cancel it and go away.

I asked the number for the manager and called her. She was off duty and she says she is off so she will call to follow up on the issue.

So when the manager is off duty there is no replacement manager and that is why clients get such pathetic treatment.

Never again will i visit this place if the service delivery is so poor.

I asked for the number of the owner and till now i have not received the same.

The manager has my number and i urge the owners to call me so that they can hear my disapointment directly from me.

This one experience has created a negative image of ocean basket in my mind and i shall never ever visit this place again.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

This branch of Ocean Basket has always been excellent - food quality, service and ambience. I do feel that a 45% increase in price for a standard fish and chips was excessive and disappointing. Will I go back? Not with those sort of price increases, when Zambian inflation is 7.4%

Reviewed 5 April 2018

We had Ocean Basket in our list and this was 1st place we went for lunch we when in Livingstone.The place is beautiful ,set among tall trees.Although it is next to main road but one doesn't really hear the traffic.The parking lot is next to the open verandah and that its little noisy with vehicles coming and going.
We ordered fish n chips both baked n fried and Sushi platter for one.It was very well cooked and enjoyed .I am vegetarian so was served tomato spaghetti which was okish but then their specialty is fish and not pasta!
We will definitely visit again whenever we are in Livingstone next!