“A Must Do Tour.....”

The Original Artists of Hoi An Discover Tour
Reviewed 9 August 2014

This tour is a wonderful experience even for people who are not artists themselves or even know allot about art. Sue the guide is very informative and has a great personality that makes you want to learn more. The artists that we visited on the tour had amazing artworks and it is all their own original work. It was great to hear the background and foresight that goes into each or the painting and the artist's own impression of their work. After coming back to Australia I still think of some of the painting I saw and wish I had the room in my house to be able to showcase some of these artists paintings. I will definitely be back to Hoi An and would love to catch up with Sue and do another tour. Highly recommend doing this tour when you are in Hoi An it not only gives you an appreciation for the real artists of Hoi An but it was a great afternoon spent by all. Thank you Sue and to your amazing art friends!

Date of experience: July 2014

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Although there is a lot of art to see walking the streets of Hoi An, I found a lot of it looked duplicative. I really wanted to find original art by local artists and Susan 's tour was perfect! I saw a good range of types of art as well met the artists. Everyone was very friendly and incredibly patient with my myriad of questions. Susan was lovely and was able to adjust the tour that fit my particular interests. I even bought a couple of paintings! Definitely recommend.

Date of experience: April 2014
1  Thank Nik N
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This was a refreshing change from museums and historic sites. In Hoi An one is bombarded with endless galleries all selling similar paintings so it was refreshing to visit galleries with original works by local artists and to hear these artists telling their stories. Susan made our art tour such fun, having done all the hard work researching the local artists so all we had to do was sit back and enjoy. And we certainly did!

Date of experience: March 2014
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Art lovers will love this Walking Art Tour! Our host Sue Halliday, had great insight into the local Art scene, which made the morning both educational and interesting. We were able to visit some wonderful galleries and meet the artists behind the original Art works. Sue's eclectic style and humour, makes for an enjoyable morning. Our purchased Art piece will hang proudly in our home. Highly recommend.

Date of experience: March 2014
See more reviews
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Sue's walking tour is a unique experience in Hoi An! There is so much beautiful art in Hoi An, that it can be hard to pick! Sue's great insight and knowledge of the local art scene is invaluable to the art lover travelling to Hoi An. She has done all the hard work for you, and found an excellent variety of artists and galleries in Hoi An. It is great to meet the artists and talk about their experiences. Highly recommended!

Date of experience: October 2013