“The best I had at Hoi An”
Review of Mai Fish

Mai Fish
Ranked #206 of 1 004 Restaurants in Hoi An
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A beautiful Vietnamese restaurant located on the Thu Bon River. Offering fresh produce, seafood and meat for customers looking for a relaxed spot in a garden setting. We hope to see you soon!
Reviewed 15 July 2018

Very nice and agreeable restaurant with a beautiful varandas and 2 inside rooms for about 25 persons. The people is very efficient and profissional but not very good English.
Very good food for European taste and delicious sweets.

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

Stumbled across restaurant for lunch and food was great. Decided to come back for dinner, same menu but was suprisdd when a surcharge was unexpectedly added to final bill which did not occur at lunch. Good food but was overpriced

Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

We had eaten here 4 years ago & had fond memories. Today we walk past & got take away Banh me rolls , which were delicious & decided to go back for dinner.
Staff were prompt to get our drinks, but then we were pretty much forgotten about. We were the only guests outside , ( I didn’t see any other guests inside either ??)
We eventually got the waiters attention to take our order. We had a mix of the starters which were absolutely amazing .... but then we sat , & sat & sat not seeing any staff - eventually my husband went inside & there were 3 staff all sitting under the stairs on their phones - they came out & took another food order . Once again food came, but no service . I had to go inside a 2nd time & ask for the bill .
When they came out & asked how the food was - I said delicious, but the service was terrible ... she said she was tired !!!

Not sure if we just got them on a bad night - but I’d say give it a go - as the good quality is worth it

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Mai Fish is a Vietnamese restaurant. The foods are excellent, especially the grilled calamary with tumeric, the red snapper panfried and the prawns are great. The cocktails are so good. Besides, the location is beautiful, by the river. The staffs are very friendly.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

This place was a beacon of hope on a really hot and sticky evening. Great aircon and we had a lovely meal as well, squid for me. Awesome location on the side of the canal, heaps to see when the lantern boats are going up and down the river. Service was good, really friendly people.