“Best vietnamese food in Hoi An”

The Claypot Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 1 073 Restaurants in Hoi An
Description: Family run restaurant, opened in May 2017. Owner had over 15 experience in cooking Vietnamese food and has now opened her own restaurant. Traditional Vietnamese food with a specializing in Food cooked in Claypots
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I lived in Hoi An for 2 months and went to a lot of restaurants in the area. Discovered this place towards the end of my stay and stopped searching out Vietnamese restaurants from then on. I had been to Firefly as well as Cafe Tuan (no. 2&3 on tripadvisor, both v good restaurants), and Claypot was easily better than both. The food is delicious (try the pork fresh spring rolls), and the service is great. They always have smiles on their faces and their charismatic daughter sometimes helps out.

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank Hamish J

Reviewed 9 November 2018 via mobile

The best Restaurant at our stay in Hoi An. Wonderful Food, I can recommend the Claypot with pineapples and sugar canes and a lovely team, that helps you with everything!

Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

Don’t know what the people are writing about waiting time and so on... first of all it is on the menu that for the clay pot dishes you have to be patient and wait 30 minutes! And second, I would even wait an hour for that kinda food! It was so delicious, I had duck claypot and my friend pork/pineapple. She loved it as well. Fresh prepared food. Nice music, friendly people, just across our hotel... we just loved it, wish I could take it home with me to Belgium. My compliments!

1  Thank Lynneuh
Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

The Claypot offers fresh food, made with traditional methods. Their claypot’s are packed full of flavour. Some waiting time is required to get to that stage, but it is absolutely worth it. The staff is super friendly.
Great experience!

Reviewed 1 November 2018 via mobile

I was in Hoi An for over a month and Claypot was my go-to place when I was looking to eat something great or trying to impress some friends. The service is slow, yes but that's the least of your concern when you get served. If you don't like to wait long, I suggest you to visit the quiet hours, early lunch or early dinner. This place is just perfect. Good food, good price, great host. Best to this place.

Date of visit: November 2018
TheClayPotH, Owner at The Claypot Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2018

Hi Vaibhav,
Thank you so very much for your kind and honest words. I do my best not to have people wait to long but sometimes it can not be helped. I just hope the wait is worth it when the food arrives to the table...lol
Please come back again we would love to see you again and again and again. :-)