“Resident traveller”
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Deluxe double room
In the yard
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Karissa C
“Resident traveller”
Reviewed 6 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

I've been living in Vietnam for 6 months and i have to say that this is the best hostel and homestay that I've been to. The beds are SUPER comfy which is a great rejuvenation for backpackers who jump from hostel to hostel. The dorm only has 3 beds so it feels very private but not so isolating also. Its away from the bustle of hoi an old town, but only a quick bike ride away. A nice quiet relaxing place to retreat to after spending a day in old town or site seeing. I stayed 3 days but i wish i stayed a full week! The family is so hospitable and they have a cute baby who loves cold water bottles and a few cute puppies! Definitely worth every penny (or dong!)

Mellisa E
“Home away from home”
Reviewed 27 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016

From the moment I arrived at Backpackers Home, I was a part of the family but also experiencing professional services like recommendations of things to do and advice on staying safe. Even their new baby was all smiles when I arrived. The little dog will bark and bark at you as you arrive and then realise you are a guest and also welcome you into his family! This may be a little off putting to those who are fearful of dogs, but I assure you he is harmless if you just say hello to him. Some of my favourite time in Hoi An was sitting in the garden chatting with the family about my adventures and shopping for the day.

It was so cool to meet and hear stories from one of the original easy riders and take a tour with him, Mr Hoa even whipped out his own phone and took my pictures when my own died!

I staying in the dorm room (3 massive beds and an ensuite, full power aircon and hot water), you hardly realise you're sharing.

My only feedback would be to have power outlets and a personal lamp at each bed - but the hostel is so new I think this feedback will be welcomed and incorporated.

It's a little far to walk to the beach or old town - situated about half way between both but perfect for a cycle (there is a shortcut to the beach via the rice fields which is really pretty), bikes are well maintained and easy to hire.

I've already recommended this hostel to every backpacker I've met since and I highly recommend it to you too!

The free breakfast is different every day and tasty, eg. sometime Vietnamese noodles or baguette with eggs - the mum worries for you health and if you liked it if you don't eat it all, some let them know if you're a small eater or don't like something.

I was even able to use their shower after check out before overnight bus!

Love love loved it!

Matthew P
“The best!”
Reviewed 24 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016

Everything was A+! The property is brand new and well maintained. The shower is glorious and the beds are nice with comfortable sheets and a soft duvet. The breakfasts are really tasty and if you have any preferences/allergies don't hesitate to make them known. Their knowledge of the city is great! If you want to book a tour / find a tailor/ eat something special...they will help you find the right fit for your budget. Very cheap rental for bikes and motorbikes from the homestay as well.

Not only is the homestay a great find, but the family is wonderful. Everyone is so super friendly and communication is really no problem. I was a big fan. Also, the baby is ridiculously cute.

We couldn't find a single fault with anything during our stay. It was a real pleasure and we sincerely hope to return. Thanks for the good times!

StaceyD13...
“Best experience!”
Reviewed 16 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016

This homestay experience was one I hope others can enjoy too! The rooms were not only extremely modern but impeccably clean. The breakfasts in the outdoor area were delicious and the family went to every effort to make sure things were perfect for us! Hardly a dorm room and more like a hotel room. Everyone who stayed here couldn't wait to sleep & shower because the beds and showers were so luxurious!!

Elaine238...
Kota Kinabalu District, Malaysia
“One of the best !”
Reviewed 8 May 2016 for a stay in March 2016
person found this review helpful

The homestay is located in between the beach and the Old Town, but u can rent a bike from them for 1USD for whole day which is pretty cheap!!
The family is really friendly and they take care of your need well.
I booked a bed for USD8 including a yummy breakfast. The thing is the room (dorm) looks just like a hotel. Comfy and spacious bed, good air conditioner and clean bathroom!

Will definitely recommend to anyone who want to find a homestay in Hoi An. Great place to stay and relax!

Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing