See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Hotel Forest Gate. I was impressed with the friendliness of the entire staff, and I loved the unpretentious, down to earth feel of the place. My room was small, but it overlooked the pool lounge area and had everything thay I needed. I had my own entrance to my room from outside, which gave a home-like feel. In the morning, my place was already set for me for breakfast, which is served outside by the pool. I was served an array of foods and was offered an omlette to accompany my meal, which was simple but delicious. My drinks were constantly being refilled without having to ask. The pool was very clean and well kept, with lounge chairs surrounding it.
The hotel is a 15 minute walk from the marina, which gave me a nice walk every day down to where I was visiting. My room was cleaned to great satisfaction every day. The only things that could improve are the showers- the pressure wasn't very great and barely any water came out of the nozzle. This could have just been my room though.
Overall, for a three star hotel, this place went above and beyond my expectations. I payed less than 100 pounds for a 3-night stay, and got my money's worth and so much more. I would recommend this place to anyone who enjoys a family-run, clean place to stay. It is not lavishly fancy, but it is very well kept and the service is exceptional. This is the best value I think you can find in this area. I will come back to this place and recommend it to anyone vacationing or visiting this area.

• Stayed: May 2014
Palacioglu, Owner at Hotel ForestGate, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Rachel,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our Hotel, your comments are very much valued. We really appreciate your comments regarding our customer service and the time you spent with us. Our staff members take their roles in our industry very seriously and try, every day, to provide that quality customer service, that our guests expect.

Our commitment to investing in our property will continue. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to HFG!

Best Regards,
Ender "Andy" MD

Reviewed 20 October 2013

I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

The owners were very friendly and helpful and helped us with everything from transfer from the airport to staying up late and keeping the little pool bar open for us when we arrived late at night. Excellent service!

The pool area is very nice and the breakfast buffet served there is simple but nice and was refilled all the time with fresh bread, fruits etc.The rooms are clean and tidy and have aircon.

The taxi ride in to town is cheap and takes no more than five minutes, you can also walk there and the owners will be more than happy to show you exactly how and where to go.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Dear

Thank you for your review. We have always believed that travelling to a new place can be somewhat of a stressful endeavor, and if we are able to provide customer service that would lessen some of that stress, then we are on the right track.

Myself (and all of our staff), believe in providing that personalized service, and I agree with you, that the breakfast maybe a little basic for some, we only use fresh and seasonal products. But rest assured we have a lovely new menu for this autumn and hopefully you will enjoy even more.

We look forward to another opportunity to host you at our property, and once again, thank you for your positive comments!

Best Regards,

Ender "Andy"

Reviewed 7 October 2013

I stayed for 4 nights at this hotel. They gave me a very small room. I wanted to change it with a bigger room. They arranged a room a little bit bigger than the first room. They have replied me the total different will be EUR 20.- . Also, I had a dinner (small plate of pasta+2 nest coffee+1 cola+1 water) and a few clothes (t-shirts, shorts, socks) Even I did not request washing for my clothes. One of their worker offered me like that; "we will wash something and we can add your clothes too." Then when I am leaving the hotel they show me the bill. The amount was not like my expectation. I have only asked/request some explanations regarding the additional prices. Vouuuvvv... the owner of the hotel started the shouting saying that "we can not do any job with the people like you"...etc... After some minutes he could hit me really, against my explanation request... The total worker was 4 and two of them left the hotel due to this crazy man. One person named Cihan he does everything... works as a potter, receptionist, cook, cleaning, etc. If you do not want to take a beating, silly service (lack of personnel), silly prices for the food, please do not go this place...

Room Tip: no tip I can mention...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Hakan06031959
Palacioglu, Owner at Hotel ForestGate, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Dear Guest,

On behalf of Hotel Forest Gate, I'd like to apologise to you if you feel that you had an unpleasant stay with us, but I would also like to correct some serious and unfair allegations you have made in your review, as I feel it is unfair to both our business and to the Trip Advisor community.

The title of your review is a very serious yet false statement. You are warning the T.A. Community of something that did not take place and this is very unfair as it leaves the complete wrong impression of our small family run business.

Throughout HFG, we have ensured to clearly price everything from the room rates in the reception, the additional laundry service we offer is clear in each room and the food and drink prices in the menus and the main board in the seating area.

It is common for local holiday makers to attempt to haggle for a discount on the rooms and services we offer but we do not offer this at Hotel Forest Gate as our prices are more than reasonable and if the customer does not wish to eat in the grounds or to have their laundry done, then this is optional and is free to take up these services elsewhere whilst staying with us.

There was a minor dispute because of this and although Hotel Forest Gate tried to work through the issue, we did not appreciate our general manager being verbally abused and sworn at in front of our other guests.

"...Even I did not request washing for my clothes..." your comment suggests that your clothes were washed without your consent which is false. We, as a business would not have mixed a wash of clients clothes in with our hotel laundry. I have never known of any hotel business to offer to do a customers laundry free of charge. We offer this as an optional service.

Lastly, I'd like to mention that there is no one that goes by the name of "Cihan" at our hotel. We do have a handful of staff because we are a small three star hotel with a close knit team.

I feel that it is important for guests to do a little bit of research about the hotel they are staying in and the facilities they offer before booking so that expectations are met.

If you have any questions or would like to query this review, then please feel free to contact us via our website and any feedback will be used to improve our services.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

We only stayed here one night but we all agreed it was a great place. The owner met us from the taxi and couldn't have been more helpful. He is a really kind, genuine guy and we are all sad to say goodbye. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone.

The rooms were clean, the pool immaculate and the hotel is set in some beautiful countryside.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank JohnnyWahalla
Palacioglu, Public Relations Manager at Hotel ForestGate, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to learn that you had an exquisitely relaxing experience at Forest Gate and would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience here on Tripadvisor.

Your feedback is much appreciated and has been shared with all our ambassadors.

Guest satisfaction is our main goal at Forest Gate, and it is rewarding to learn that it has been achieved during this occasion.

We would like to thank you for the recommendations you have made and hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Forest Gate soon!

With Kindest Regards
A. Palacioglu

Reviewed 23 July 2013

I stayed in the Forest Gate, with my wife and two young sons at the end of a sailing holiday in Gocek. Our family room was very spacious, the pool was a great place to cool down and relax. The service was extremely friendly and personal. Ender provided us with a recommendation for Can restaurant and gave us an intro to the head chef their which ensured that we have a brilliant meal with personal service. The location is about 15 minutes walk from the centre of Gocek, which was pleasant stroll once the head of the day had subsided.
Verdict: Great place to stay at the edge of the forest outside Gocek with brilliant friendly service.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Your feedback is much appreciated and has been shared with all our ambassadors.

With Kindest Regards