“Heaven on earth!”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Villa -
7 Bedrooms, 7 Bathrooms, Sleeps 14
Gocek, Mugla Province, Turkish Aegean Coast

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 119 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Turkish first
dissappoi...
scotland
“Heaven on earth!”
Reviewed 15 May 2013 for a stay in May 2013

What can I say about the escape except that it is well worth more than 6 stars......having travelled extensively all over the world I didnt think anywhere could be more like home than here...the hotel is immaculate and the pool so clean and overlooking the most amazing scenery. I am the worlds nightmare for chefs but polished off everything that Susan cooked for us with relish. It was like being with family they are such wonderful hosts and nothing is too much trouble. I have never felt so at home or pampered and will be going back soon. Could easily have stayed much longer and Gocek itself has one of the best biggest marinas in the south and amazing shops. There are great places to eat out but nothing would ever beat Susan's meals. Just wishing I hadnt left and was back there listening to the goats and the tortoise in the grass nearby.....what a wonderful delight. Thanks so much to Chris and Susan for one of the best holidays I have ever been on.

Travelling group: Family
sueorr
Dorchester, United Kingdom
“Four happy days of real escape and TLC”
Reviewed 30 April 2013 for a stay in April 2013
person found this review helpful

Booked on spec. couldn't have been more delighted. We were five friends together exploring the hinterland for wild flowers/birds/butterflies and ruins and it was wonderful to return to The Escape each evening to yet another delicious dinner. Susan cooks imaginatively and Chris is a great butler - that's just the icing on the cake. Their welcome is warm and The Escape is run impeccably, every comfort their concern. A thoroughly comfortable base for exploring Turkey and they are full of very good advice. We agreed we couldn't have done better. Too early for the spa but swimming pool very good indeed.

Travelling group: Friends
Loubie C
Bakewell, United Kingdom
“The Best Kept Secret - Truly an ESCAPE!”
Reviewed 21 December 2012 for a stay in September 2012
person found this review helpful

When my husband said Turkey I was disappointed I wanted Maldives.... BUT boy was I wrong!
We were treated fabulously before we even left this country by the marvelous hosts Chris and Susan Salmon.
No more attention to detail would have been possible. I'm ashamed to say I don't really want to share this place as I want to keep it all to myself, my own little secret hideaway.

After booking Susan was in contact with various details from flight time, car hire, local things to do and see.
When we arrived even though it was a graveyard shift flight she duly came to meet us so that we could find the hotel in the dark. A nice touch that was much appreciated.
The whole holiday nothing was too much trouble.. nothing! I felt like a celebrity.
Beautiful infinity pool, keep meticulously clean by Chris. This was important for me as I love swimming. Being a swim teacher however and having just completed the summer holidays with many children's crash course and 121 lessons I just wanted somewhere to unwind without kids. The Escape was so ideal, No Children but fabulous company when we wanted/needed it.
I REALLY WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN UNHAPPY TO HAVE STAYED IN THE HOTEL FOR THE WHOLE HOLIDAY AND WOULDN'T HAVE FELT LIKE I MISSED OUT ON ANYTHING!

The room was very private, clean, spacious and very nicely situated for the pool.
The honesty bar was lovely in the evenings. The patio area for breakfast was a great vantage point for watching the swallows coming in for a dip on the pool early evening. I was fascinated by the dragon flies sunning themselves by the pool.

The food was outstanding quality. Susan is an amazing cook. Breakfasts to brunch, Lunch to Dinner. Everything was fresh, tasty, homemade and superb quality v quantity. The prices for everything from the mini bar to table drinks where the best we've known.
I don't think I had an empty glass at any point and yet it didn't break the piggy bank!

Service was such a treat that really it felt like a home from home. In fact one night after we had ventured out to the local town I remarked how I wanted to go "home" meaning the Hotel! Because the atmosphere is so relaxed you can forget where you are! As I sat in the lounge watching a DVD with my feet up and a glass of wine.

The position of the hotel was a concern for me as I wanted a beach front holiday but when we arrived at this mountain top hideaway I felt that my husband had done it again.. he is "the finder" of all things great when it comes to getting away from it all. The views are so secluded you could forget the busy world and just concentrate on you.

I can't rave about this place and the people enough... and yet I still want it all to myself.
Wishing Chris and Susan Salmon all the very best with The Escape. Their attention to detail deserves a place in the top 10 of anyone's wish list. Get booking.. you won't be disappointed!

MY HUSBAND AND I WHERE TRULY SPOILT BY THE STAR QUALITY, VERY SPECIAL HOSTS AT THIS AMAZING HOTEL.

Oh suppose I should mention Turkey's great and the weather perfect but it's the hotel ...
WE SHALL BE RETURNING! :)
Mrs Loubie Challenor ( and Mr. David Challenor)

Your age range 35-49
michael h
Stafford, United Kingdom
“The Escape Revisited”
Reviewed 25 November 2012 for a stay in September 2012

We stayed at the Escape in September 2011 and were so impressed with the place that we had to return in September this year. Twelve months on we were not disappointed, in fact we were welcomed like old friends and immediately felt at home and totally relaxed which is what we want from a holiday. Susan treated us to wonderfull meals while Chris was the perfect host, attentive to our every need. The setting is quite beautifull and sitting on the terrace in the warm evenings was quite magical.

fredrrr
Horsham, United Kingdom
“a place to dream....of never going home”
Reviewed 6 November 2012 for a stay in October 2012

Tired after a long year, escape was sort and The Escape delivered. Chris and Susan are empathetic hosts, an over used word but if defined as putting yourself in the other person's shoes, it really does fit these two.They have an innate ability to understand what you want and when. With other guests, lot's of chat. With us at the start of our break, a happy silence as we started to chill.
So that's one of the really good things about this place...hassle free environment. The Escape itself is very new and the attention to detail is superb. The marble floors, the oh so comfortable beds, the fittings...you name it and you aren't going to fault it.
Sitting on the sun deck eating fresh figs and creamy yoghurt and looking down onto the pool, as the sun warms the air......bliss.
We spent our first two days intially around The Escape, enjoying the peace and the pool. Chris keeps a well stocked bar and Susan is a great cook....I recommend her squid!!
Then out to adventure and there are some great places to visit nearby, restaurants in Gocek ( as suggested by our hosts) and sites to see. And if the fancy takes you, just down the road is a fun go kart track..recommended.
It was a truly relaxing break in a modern, well equipped and guest friendly place.

Travelling group: Couples
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing