“Phenomenal experience biking in Cappadocia with the family.”

Argeus Tourism / Day Tours
Ranked #12 of 43 Tours in Urgup
More attraction details
Owner description: Argeus Tourism & Travel was founded by a group of tourism professionals in Cappadocia with the aim of giving top quality service to discerning travellers in Turkey. We defined our market as individual travellers or small groups interested in cultural, archaeological and easy-going outdoor activities during their travels. We specialize in tailor made private tours in Cappadocia and Turkey.
Reviewed 28 June 2016

We had a fabulous experience with Mehmet and Arbil in Turkey. Our family of four was the only ones on the tour. At the time, our children were 12 and 14. They customized the whole experience for us and our children. We are athletic but we had full support by Arbil when the hill were too much for my son. We loved the caravan sarais, biking through the fields, stopping at small towns for delicious lunches and dinners. It was one of those holidays when you wanted it to last longer.

1  Thank gillian1bg

Reviewed 5 June 2016

I was invited to speak at a conference in Bodrum and had arranged air tickets from U.S. to Istanbul, but we delayed making the travel arrangements that might get us from Istanbul to Bodrum, Bodrum to Ephesus, Ephesus to Cappadoccia and then back to Istanbul. We had only two weeks. To the rescue came Argeus Travel. Mehmet made all the in-country air arrangements, using his extensive knowledge to arrange reasonable transfer times and routes including drivers who were always on-time, considerate and polite. Flawless. Thanks to the drivers Hali and Mustapha.

Argeus also arranged two stays in beautiful small boutique hotels, including Gullu Kanaklari in Sirence (near Ephesus), that had the most exquisite rose gardens and views imaginable, at the edge of town. We loved our guide Yeliz, who was as interesting a person as she was knowledgeable and friendly. Our next stop in Cappadocia included a beautiful room in a cave hotel with a friendly manager who loved to cook (very well), a balloon ride (yes, do it, it was so beautiful and exhilarating) and two days with Oz our guide and Mustapha our driver who showed us beautiful sites and some "secret" sites that were a bit off the tourist route. Oz was often playful and quite amusing; he had grown up in the area and was extremely knowledgeable and enthusiastic.

We have never had a bespoke tour arrangement like this before, preferring to travel and figure things out on our own, but Argeus Travel made our tour of Turkey possible and perfect. We loved Turkey.

1  Thank Sharon L
Reviewed 31 May 2016

We recently returned from a three-week tour of Turkey with Argeus Travel. Two weeks was devoted to their Classical Turkey Tour, and we added time in Istanbul and in Cappadocia, also with their guide. This was undoubtedly the best tour we had ever taken, anywhere. Turkey was amazing. The tour program designed by Argeus was outstanding. The attention we received from Mehmet at Argeus when we planned our trip was superb and personal. Best of all, the tour guide, Sukru, simply made Turkey come alive for us. We would return tomorrow if our schedules allowed, and we certainly plan another visit.

Before we flew to Turkey, we were worried about physical safety. That has to be a concern these days, but we felt comfortable and secure throughout our visit. Security at the airports and tourist attractions appeared to be professional and thorough, without being overbearing. Sukru arranged our schedule to avoid crowds, and it was a relief to have a knowledgeable guide taking care of us. After we completed our stay in Istanbul, where we walked and used public transportation, Argeus provided a driver and a very nice Mercedes Sprinter van. This made our travel comfortable, secure and efficient.

Argeus packed a lot into our trip. We saw much more than we would have on our own. Sukru had virtually all of the entry tickets in advance, and timed our visits to give us nearly private tours. For example, we got to Ephesus when it opened and had the place to ourselves for much of the morning. We had no waits at any attraction. The tour included many sites and museums that were bypassed by the larger tour groups. We were able to spend as much time as we wanted anywhere. All of the hotels were perfect – boutique places in good locations, comfortable, nicely furnished, and staffed by really great people. Restaurants were excellent. All of the food was great. We liked Turkish tea, salads with pomegranate dressing, grilled lamb and everything else that we tried.

We heartily recommend Turkey and Argeus Travel. Both treated us very well.

1  Thank PKP2015a
Reviewed 15 April 2016

I had booked a tour with Argeus Travel months in advance and from the first email communication they where quick to answer all of my questions and made me feel very comfortable about traveling to Cappadocia alone.
I originally booked the Mirage tour but since I was the only one on the tour we ended up adding more stops along the way and changing things a bit according to my interests and the guide's recommendations. One of the highlights of my trip was sharing lunch with a group of rug weavers, this was something that just happened and I felt like so connected to the land and the people!
Edip was one of the best guides I've ever had, and I travel a lot! He was knowledgable, friendly, fun and genuinely passionate about Cappadocia and it's history.
After an amazing first day of learning about Anatolian history and culture and marveling at the fantastic rock formations I decided to book them again for my second day in Cappadocia. I booked last minute emailing them at 10pm. At 8:30am the next morning I received a call from them at the hotel restaurant and they were there to pick me up at 9:00am!
They could not provide me with a guide and only sent a driver, the driver did an outstanding job as a guide and even took me to an off the beaten path gem of a town with an old Greek church. He had his friend open the church up just for me so I could look at the interior. He went out of his way to share with me his favorite things about his home.
The experience was nothing short of life changing: Edip and the two drivers, all of them locals, shared with me their love for their home and in the process Cappadocia carved a permanent place in my heart.
I was in Turkey for 10 days and booked tours with at least 5 different companies and Argeus Travel stood out as one of the best tours companies I have every worked with.
Booking my tours with Argeus Travel was the best decision I could have made: my local guides created a personalized itinerary based on my interests and shared with me not only their knowledge of Capadoccia but also their love for their homeland making this an unforgettable and amazing experience!
I am trying to look for some constructive criticism to give but there where no flaws with their service or the trip and I think that the price was well worth it. However I was lucky to get to do the tours by myself and I can imagine if there are other people on the tour things would be a bit different.

1  Thank Paula B
Reviewed 10 January 2016

We took the Highlights of Turkey tour in the fall of 2014. It was excellent, well organized and a fantastic tour. Sukru our guide was exceptional and Kenan our driver was great. Quite a while after we got home we realized we had a problem with one of our purchases we made during the tour. We contacted Mehmet at Argeus Travel and he, and Sukru, went above and beyond and worked with us to correct the unfortunate situation. Rather than just referring us back to where we bought the item, Mehmet and Sukru personally took over the problem and spent many hours of their own time making sure we were taken care of and the problem was fixed. We cannot say enough about how helpful and accommodating they were during this process.
Argeus Travel is a great organization run and staffed by amazing people. Do not look any further if you are looking for a travel company in Turkey. Turkey is a fantastic country and Argeus Travel is the best company you can find!

1  Thank CgyTraveller_10