“Yummy”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Italian American Cuisine
Reviewed 5 September 2017

This is a higher end restaurant in style and meals. But this was an excellent meal and views. Service Excellent.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

If you are choosing a restaurant for the view then this is your place. If you are choosing a restaurant for the food, save yourself the time and money. The staff was accommodating (at first) but the food is terrible!
We chose this restaurant for our daughter's birthday dinner because it looked lovely online. We informed our waitress that it was her birthday and she wished her a happy birthday.
My husband ordered the broiled haddock, my daughter ordered shrimp scampi and I ordered the filet mignon. None of us finished our dinners - not because there was too much food, but because it was just bad. The scampi was prepared as a garlic cream sauce with fake parmesan cheese sprinkled on top of uncooked shrimp. The haddock looked like the top of pepper shaker fell off during seasoning. My steak was good (not great) but it was the only thing I ate. We were served grilled asparagus - that was dry, no seasonings, olive oil, butter - nothing! And the "fluffy Yukon gold mashed potato" tasted like it was prepared with sour milk.
$109.00 was a lot to pay for a lot of nothing!
The waitress was nice upon our departure however - she did wish us a "Happy Anniversary"!

Reviewed 13 August 2017

We dined here for dinner and had a very enjoyable experience. We were met by a very friendly greeter who took us to our table. Our server arrived shortly afterwards. The room is somewhat dated looking but it was shabby elegance and, frankly, we enjoyed the look. In keeping with the decor, we opted for a bit of a retro dinner. We started with a delicious ceasar salad and went on to a filet for her and a NY Strip for me. Her filet came out underdone but our waitress suggested she check it for doneness - perhaps there's a bit of a problem with the meat chef - and quickly whisked it away for correction. My strip was very nice, cooked to med.-rare as ordered and tasty. Plus, it was a generous portion. We asked for and received a table by the windows and that's exactly what we got, we had a lovely view of the St. Lawrence and Boldt Castle and a beautiful sunset as well. Superb.

Reviewed 26 July 2017

First things first, we have never had a bad meal here, and some great ones! Last night was no exception, wonderful herb crusted scallops. We have visited several times over years of boating in this area, the Manor House and the Bonnie Castle Resort are a very old standard in A Bay. A bit if a mystery how it survives, the resort and restaurant are dated, but the location, particularly of the restaurant, is spectacular, overlooking the St. Lawrence River and Boldt Castle through big picture windows. The restaurant is usually quiet but we have always enjoyed great old fashioned service here, good food and drink, and a wonderful view.

Reviewed 9 July 2017

Our entrance to the dining room was met with almost hostility. To be fair, I guess it was getting late and there was only one other table with people at it. The weather was chilly and my feeling was that they just wanted to get out of there for the evening. Our waitress was better than the person who greeted us and warmed up as we spoke to her more. Personalities aside, the food was tasty. It wasn’t an inexpensive meal, but it was good. I have to say I loved the room… It’s a time capsule of 60s modern, and it looks as if Sammy Davis Jr. or Dean Martin are going to come out and entertain. The view of course is gorgeous. I would give it another try if in the area to see if they were just cranky that day.