“Nice place for breakfast”

Riley's by the River
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Diner, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our hosts at the motel where we were staying recommended Riley's for breakfast. It was a very good suggestion. Everything was delicious except the bacon which was like chewing leather. I was impressed that my order of eggs over medium was perfectly prepared. The hash browns were very good, too. It's also in a nice location near the water where the boat tours leave so that makes it convenient if you're going on one of the tours.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

One of the few places open on Monday. Had dinner there. Food was good but not overwhelming. Perfect place for a quick bite. Next to Uncle Sam boat tours.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were here about a year and a half ago and had some abysmal service and I submitted a less than stellar review here. We were up to the Bay again a few times this summer and our friends at the Dark Island Distillery convinced us to give Riley's another try. We were so glad we did! The menu has improved, the service has improved, and although the hostess was still marching around with a scowl the entire time, we very much enjoyed our visit and plan to go back again (hopefully before the season ends and definitely next season!).

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The restaurant is tied in with Captain Thompson's Resort, which is located across the street. Food was good with extremely generous portions. We ate there for dinner and breakfast. The omelette was so large I could not even finish it. Service was very good on both occasions.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We went back to Riley’s again on a recent visit, and were much less impressed by the food than our last visit. My husband ordered a sandwich and fries. Why do restaurants insist on serving coated fries? The coating is usually too salty or tastes artificial, and frequently leaves the fries soggy which was the case here. I ordered a pasta dish, which was OK, nothing to write home about. The real disappointment though was trying to order a glass of wine. The wine choices are limited and almost all New York wines. And I’m sorry they are not very good, and not to my taste. It’s great to support the local industry, but including a couple of other options, California or Italy would be nice.