“Chilled out and friendly”
Review of The Book Cafe - CLOSED

The Book Cafe
Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The Book Cafe is a juice bar and coffee shop with smoothies and 100% freshly-squeezed 'Naked' juices. We also have a selection of used books for sale and exchange. We are located in the area of Rawai / Nai Harn.Step inside and be welcomed by the aroma of coffee, freshly baked cookies and aromatic teas which make a great combination with the sight of so many stories to delve into.The area is quiet and the atmosphere friendly and relaxed, have morning coffee, a Naked juice or one of our speciality smoothies in the garden surrounded by the mountains, sit inside for an afternoon’s chat and sample some of our home-bakes or a fresh salad, or have an early evening glass of wine or cold beer.Make yourself comfy on the sofa and read a book, relax under the umbrellas in the garden and enjoy the view, or grab a floor cushion and customize your own sitting area in the chill-out room.
Reviewed 30 April 2017

Didn't have much time to spend here, wish I'd had more. Incredibly welcoming and was served a quality juice. Will be back.

Date of visit: December 2016

Reviewed 23 April 2017

Well. Let me tell you, I really, really wanted to like this place. First off, I absolutely love books and I love reading, so finding that this place existed was awesome. It was within walking distance of my hotel, so we were eager to walk here for some lunch. I saw that this place had great trip advisor reviews, so I really wanted to like it and give it a great rating, but in the end I felt like I just couldn't do that. Here's why:

- Staffing issues. When we walked up, we honestly didn't know what to do. There is no staff their waiting for you. We sat down, saw some menus on an entrance table, and took a look at those to see what we wanted. We saw what we wanted and waiting for someone to come help us, but no one did, and finally my friend had to search for someone to order through.
- When we finally did get our food and water, it was a small child serving us. Nothing says more to me about poor service when you get a 7 year old to do the job of an adult. 7 year olds are supposed to be 7 year olds.
- The salad I got had a dead fly and a long dog hair in it.

It was kind of hard to go back from all of that.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 5 April 2017 via mobile

I return again and again to the Book Cafe. The cakes are fantastic and it also has loads of healthy filling options for everyone.
The owner and staff are absolutely lovely and you'll feel right at home. Plus if you need a place to stay they have that as an option too!

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 6 February 2017 via mobile

I highly recommend breakfast at the Book Cafe - home made granola, yoghurt and fruit, great coffee, fresh juices. Welcoming and friendly staff and owner. Very relaxing place. Good wifi and a dog called 'panda'. What's not to like?

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

try here protein shakes, breakfast smoothie and banana bowls - it's amazing and very healthy. Cappuccino is also very good.

Date of visit: February 2017