“Good italian food”

La Dolce Vita Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 670 Restaurants in Patong
Price range: US$7 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

We tried la dolce vita last night and it was very nice. Well made italian food in a quiet little corner very relaxing. The service was good, meals came out promptly and were fresh. We had a pizza as an entree, it was well cooked with crispy base very nice. For mains we had the gnocchi in a napoli sauce which was nice and a meat tortellini with mushrooms which was delicious. As others have said it is hard to get nice italian in thailand but this place was very good. In total it cost us 1200 for the meal including beer and water. They also give you a nice bread basket and a complementary soup taster.

We were the only ones there for a while then an italian group of 4 guys came in and sat next to us. They were offered refresher towls at the begining and the chef or owner came out to say hi and hope they enjoyed the meal. Not a huge concern for us just seemed wierd that we didnt get towels or a hello.(im half italian hahaha) Overall the staff were very nice and attentive i would recommend giving this place a try.

Q4370AIandrea, Proprietario at La Dolce Vita Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Dear guests
we thank you for the excellent rate ... we are happy that the food was great.
The wet towel is given to our customers when they eat seafood ..... as you wrote in your review you have eaten gnocchi sorrentina and tortellini.
I hope see you again in my restaurant

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

Love This restaurant. Been here both daytime and evening. Always perfect pasta, and nice service. Try it!

1  Thank Jenny F
Q4370AIandrea, Proprietario at La Dolce Vita Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Dear Customer
I remember u and your baby very well

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

After two weeks in Thailand with only good experience of Thai food - which I love - I decided to make a brake and go for Italian food - of which I am also a great fan!
La Dolce Vita has a high score and are among the best restaurants I Patong according to TripAdvisors followers!
So I took a taxi through the town to have a good, tasty Italian meal.

While studying the menu I asked for a cocktail, but no - no cocktail available. Since there was a bar right I front of my table, this was a little strange, but I asked then if I could have a gin & tonic and yes I could!
I ordered some extra garlic bread to start with; mussels in white wine, a pasta carbonara and a filet with green pepper sauce.
The bread was of cheapest sort, the one you can buy in vacuum packed plastic bags in the low price shops back home for nothing. It was dry, tasteless and the garlic was not present..
The mussels in white wine was ok, but no taste of herbs that the Italians use as lot
In their kitchen..
The owner ( I presume ) cane up to my table and said that the Italians like the carbonara dry but if I wanted, I could get it soft - dry carbonara is not my Italian experience, so I said yes I want it soft.
Arriving, the pasta was so dry, that when I tried to sprinkle my parmesan over it there were only lumps of Parmesan on the top.

Then the filet was served - horrible !

Chewy meat, a thick greasy, mustard sauce with green pepper corn. Some potato squares so greasy and soft that they would not be accepted as a part of the free meals of the Salvation Army!

I took some small pieces of the meat but then I paid my bill and went away.

Outside the restaurant I had to look one more time at the sign outside to be sure: yes it was The dolce Vita!!
What a disappointment!!!

Q4370AIandrea, Proprietario at La Dolce Vita Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2018

Dear Cannavacciolo
I am very sad to hear your strong words.
But I would like to make some clarifications on your words .....
First: garlic bread is not as you say bought in the poorest supermarket but homemade
Second: in our menu there are different types of cocktails ... seems very strange that you have not seen it !!
Third: in mussels (imported from Australia) only pepper, parsley and 4 slices of bruschetta as the classic Italian recipe.
Fourth: many non-Italian guests prefer carbonara with more sauce .... I asked you personally if you wanted this and you answered ok .... how can you say was dry? (The cheese was not parmesan but Pecorino as want the Italian tradition)
Last thing: the fillet of angus (from New Zealand) you asked Blood and is written on the menu that is served with a green pepper sauce and mustard .... why did not you asked the grill or how you wanted it?
Why when i asked (2 or 3 times) if everything was fine, did you always answer Fantastic Fantastic?
Have a good day

Reviewed 15 February 2018

I ate at this restaurant twice during my stay, because the food is great. I went with my friend who owns an Italian restaurant in California and my company has five restaurants in Japan. We had a variety of dishes and all were very good and cooked well. Nice service and reasonable pricing. This is my go to Italian place in Patong

1  Thank Dave M
Q4370AIandrea, Proprietario at La Dolce Vita Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2018

Dear Dave
we are glad to have satisfied your dinner in our restaurant
thanks to you and your friends

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

When you are in the mood for a great Italian meal at a fair price you won’t find better.
We really enjoyed our three visits on this trip. Good home cooking and friendly staff.

1  Thank Ian P
Q4370AIandrea, Proprietario at La Dolce Vita Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

Dear Customer