“3 day dive trip”

Sea Dragon Dive Center
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: PADI 5 Star IDC Center and Khao Lak’s first and original Dive Center since 1993 – our success is due to our loyal return customer base. Specializing in liveaboard dive trips we offer a choice of two different boats and six different liveaboard trips ranging from 1 – 7 days to the islands of the Andaman Sea. Whilst each of our boats and trips is individually tailored to reflect your various tastes and budgets, they all share common ground with an emphasis on high safety standards, personalised friendly service, excellent food and, of course, lots of fun. Additionally, we offer local diving to our house reef and our three local wrecks, and can arrange Similan day trips with a selection of other dive operators in town. For those of you who wish to begin or advance your diving, our friendly staff can conduct the full range of PADI dive courses in many languages, from beginner through to Instructor. Hope to see you soon!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

we had nice trip for three days incl. Surin and famous Richelieu. Thanks to Emz for guidance and relaxed dives.
We felt safe and well treated at all time. The Thai crew did an excellent job

1  Thank fishfinder3663
"great diving"
in 10 reviews
"thai style"

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I highly recommend Sea Dragon for diving from Khao Lak. Their staff are friendly and professional. I’ve been diving with them over the last 10 years and have never been disappointed. After having an operation on my ear I was worried about getting back into the water again but purposely planned a trip 6 months after the operation to test it out and booked some day trips with divers I trust. They were patient and reassuring and since then I’ve been back to do two more liveaboard trips with them in the last year. The dive guides are great at pointing out even the smallest marine creatures and plan each dive taking into account their customers’ dive experiences. The MV Andaman is a comfortable boat with enough room to kit up and there’s ample space to relax on board whether it’s mixing with other divers and the crew or in a quiet spot on the deck. The food is great and you’ll never go hungry. The hardest part about diving with Sea Dragon is having to say goodbye at the end of each trip.

1  Thank BeccahB00
Reviewed 27 March 2018

So I did quite a few things with Sea Dragon over the course of about a week, all were great!

I did the first 3 dives of my advanced open water as a day trip with Jason who was really relaxed and put me at ease ( I hadn't dived for a while so was a little anxious!).
Following this I then did a 3 night trip to Koh Tachai/Surin Islands/Richelieu Rock and it was fantastic!!! (9 dives incl. 1 night dive, with some time on Surin Islands)
The liveaboard trip was brilliant, on the boat I finished my other 2 dives to complete my advanced with Tom. Tom is a great teacher, he gave me plenty of advice and time. I did my fish ID dive section with him and he was really keen. It helped me learn a lot more about what you can actually look for underwater and I got a lot more out of my subsequent dives.
The rest of the staff were fantastic- the dive masters/instructors were great fun. Guests and I had a really good time with them all and they were superb company! The diving was great and the craic matched! I did the trip as a solo traveller and there was a nice mix of solo, couple, and group travellers on the boat.
The Thai crew on the boat were also really good. They were very helpful with getting your equipment on and off and were straight to hand to help out when I was being 'sea sick' on the last morning (it wasn't the SangSom..... honest!).
The food was also lovely, I had the best meals I'd had in Thailand whilst on the boat. As a vegetarian in Thailand the options are usually quite limited (especially with so much food containing fish in the sauces) but on the boat the meals were lovely. The staff really made an effort and took dietary preferences into consideration, it was so refreshing for veggie food to include not having fish sauce thrown in and not just being fed omelettes!!
If I'd had the time I would have stayed on the boat for the next 4 day trip but sadly I couldn't on this occasion (though I've stayed in touch with some people who stayed on and they had a great time). I managed to get in a couple of dives to one of the wrecks with James as the dive master that day- was another great day!

I hope to make use of their returning customer discount and come back soon!!
I would strongly recommend Sea Dragon, it was fun, great instruction, and I felt safe and well looked after the whole time.

Thanks to everyone on the boats and the day trips for such a fantastic holiday!
Hope to see you all again soon!

(Also- just a note - if you send in advance your prescription then the dive centre can have a prescription mask made in Phuket and delivered on Tuesdays. I didn't know about this but will do it next time! )

1  Thank Nomad_Nath
Reviewed 23 March 2018

We, having no diving experience whatsoever, signed up for "Discover Scuba Diving".
In the morning we had a well paced introduction with our amazing instructor Johnny (shoutout to you, we had an amazing experience).
He taught us all the basics necessary for diving and gone through the drill with us in the pool.
Afterwards we went into open waters and took us through two amazing dives, lasting for about 45 minutes each.
During the dive we felt quite safe because Johnny was always keeping an eye on us.
The scenery underwater was beautiful as well, and we've seen a bunch of different fish and water marine animals.
We can warmly recommend this trip for everyone who wants to try out diving and also for people who are experienced divers, beacuse the facility and the staff are lovely guys you always feel comfortable with.
Thank you once again for the beautiful day!