Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
toby975
London, United Kingdom

Central basic

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 28 Jul 2022
This hotel is in the centre of arusha you can get safari's from here (you will be swamped with guides) the coffee and food are not good at all but they seem to be friendly enough the rooms are very basic but good enough for a few nights while you sort yourself out and it is fairly central when you go out though you will be plagued with people trying to sell you safari's
I went on seven different safari's unfortunately I was totally unimpressed with any of them apart from two a horse riding safari I arranged myself and a homemade motorbike safari I arranged myself they were excellent !
Date of stay: November 2021
    R 8 697
    R 10 143
1.3 km from New Safari Hotel
View more hotels in Arusha
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 February 2022

We spent one night in this hotel. They are centrally located and average for age of property. Door locks were not working so had to have someone from the desk come unlock our door each time that we went out and came back. Food service was very limited and the included breakfast was less that we had been getting during the previous week. The hotel staff was outstanding!!! Cannot say that strong enough. The staff deserves a 12 on a scale of 1 -- 10. They went above and beyond to provie service. When they said welcome they truly meant it.

Date of stay: February 2022
Reviewed 23 February 2022 via mobile

The location and the staff are super. Unfortunately, the hotel is lackluster and in need of repairs and upkeep. Some rooms have air conditioning and others don’t. Things like missing knobs on the shower door, burned out lightbulbs, weak and intermittent wi-fi, and keys that don’t work make my star rating lower than it needs to be. If the management gets around to some updates and maintenance, this will be a nice place to stay either before or after your safari. Love the location, awesome staff, but…disappointing structure.

Room tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor to lessen the sounds of the busy streets below. Also, inquire about air conditioning!!
Date of stay: February 2022
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank BambiLaFawn
Reviewed 28 June 2021 via mobile

Only stayed here for one night. It was a warm welcome by the reception staff and he was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and spacious. Had a comfortable sleep. The bathroom was nice too with hot shower available. There was no porter service to take me to the room when i arrived but because i didn't have much luggage on me it was easy to drag my one bag. And didn't have a good experience at the restaurant the evening before i was to check in here. No comments on the food as i didn't eat here had to go eat elsewhere in the neighborhood. It's just this minor things that can be looked into by the management but overall i had a pleasant stay as it was just for one day. New Safari Hotel is located in the city centre.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 1 July 2020 via mobile

New Safari hotel is a very nice place to stay in Arusha.
They provide very good service, their staff are very friendly. The Rooms are clean and comfortable.
I really enjoyed the food and drinks I enjoyed the really tasty of coffee.
Don't hesitate to visit them and you will not regret.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
59  Thank TarimoTaxi
Reviewed 29 January 2020

I come to Arusha for work, so I need a clean room with good wifi in a central location. I've been staying at New Safari for years.

This trip it was low season and the hotel was nearly empty so the breakfast was pretty sparse. But the staff prepared the mangos and avocados we brought from the street vendors for us and we had the option of fresh cooked eggs.

The area is extremely safe. We were able to go for walks after work to the markets and to restaurants in town. We we got rained in one evening, the pizza in the hotel was tasty and cheap.

It's the staff that really makes this place special. I've been seeing the same faces for 9 years now and the quality of service is as high as anyplace I've ever stayed. They cannot do enough for you. The room was immaculately clean, the wifi free and fast, and a smile and request got us dishes in the evening for our take away food, extra coffee for the room, and a little leeway on our checkout time.

I could book a fancier hotel. I will keep staying here for the comfort and the staff.

Room tip: rooms facing the parking lot are quieter.
Date of stay: January 2020