“Life Changing”
Review of Wayo Africa

Wayo Africa
Ranked #34 of 339 Outdoor Activities in Arusha
More attraction details
Owner description: Our aim is to take guests into remote corners of the bush and to give them the opportunity to explore outside a vehicle, in comfort and most importantly, at an affordable price. We are simply, the coolest little safari company one can find! Wayo Africa is the safari division of the official Tanzanian registered company Green Footprint Adventures.
Reviewed 10 December 2016

We are a little hesitant on how to rate this 8 day trip without sounding trite. From start to finish, Zeff, Joseph, George and Brian as our guides were responsive, informative, and just fun and easy to be with. Osammi (sp?) and Vinny kept us cared for and well fed.

The entire trip, we felt that we were in the company of friends who were passionate caretakers of the Serengeti. It's more than their job. They love what they do. Backpacking into the plains held so many moments that were almost too spiritual to write about here. You become a part of the environment. Our guides struck that balance of caring for us and giving us space to just be with wilderness.

If you are looking for an adventure unlike any other, get out of the Land Cruiser and away from the crowds; ask Wayo to customize your experience.

1  Thank Leah W

Reviewed 14 November 2016

This was our first experience staying in a Wayo camp and we couldn't have asked for a better experience. The location is terrific as the camp is situated perfectly for viewing the animals who come to drink. We were taken care of extremely well. Jackson was a wonderful host and "Doctor" made the most delicious meals for us. Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed 23 October 2016

Thank you Prim, Jean, and everyone at Wayo for a truly memorable eight (8) day safari!

Thank you Janine at Serengeti Safari Co. for recommending and arranging Wayo!

For our very first time in Africa, our family (kids 13 and 16) spent eight amazing days on safari, driving and walking with our guide "professor" Prim, as we came to call Prim for his depth and breadth of knowledge of the animals and their surroundings.

Prim was our most amiable host, trusted driver and expert guide on safari from Tarangire, to Lake Manyara, to Ngorongoro Crater to the Serengeti. We always felt safe with Prim as our leader, even when encountering lions, hyenas and elephants on foot during our walking safari in the Serengeti. Prim made sure that we did not go home without seeing all of the animals that we could, including the "big 5", black rhinos, a puff adder, a python and all the gazelles, antelopes, dik-diks, baboons, monkeys, elephants, zebras, giraffes, wildebeests, hyenas, warthogs, lions, cheetahs, leopards, cape buffaloes, hippos, ostriches, and other varieties of birds and animals, more than we could count!

Everyone on staff at Wayo who we met, and those in support who we never had the pleasure to meet, all worked very hard together as a cohesive and seamless team to make sure our safari was truly memorable! We can't thank all of you enough!

Tent accommodations were fantastic! We slept on real beds with fresh sheets and pillows every night. All meals were delicious, expertly prepared and professionally served. We especially savored each cook's favourite, local dishes. We enjoyed the campfires every evening at dusk. After a great day on safari followed by a refreshing, hot and private shower in camp, it was wonderful to enjoy a glass or two of beer or wine and begin to swap stories of the day's adventures and sightings before sitting down to another great dinner.

We want to thank everyone at Wayo for working very hard and so well together to support Prim and allow him to share with us your natural heritage and how best to experience and respect your animals in their natural surroundings.

We wish everyone at Wayo much continued success! We look forward to hopefully seeing all of you again someday

1  Thank GordonHerronFamily
Reviewed 16 October 2016

i travelled alone to Tanzania for 20 days and was accompanied on the whole trip by the Wayo guide Joseph. He was fantastic - a good driver, knowledgeable, and mellow and attentive to my needs and interests. I was surprised that he accompanied me for my whole journey - was very helpful to have the same guide at every camp and lodge i stayed at.

Reviewed 18 September 2016

Wayo Africa is absolutely amazing. I began planning my safari/Zanzibar trip about 10 months before I planned to go. I was debating between two companies with similar itineraries - I chose Wayo based on 'gut feel.' And it did not disappoint! I worked with Lana Bayal who is incredible - so knowledgeable and made sure she really understood what I was looking for. She helped me plan a fantastic luxury safari and Zanzibar trip for my husband and I (they will cater the itinerary based on what you want - we were looking for a luxury trip). She was incredibly patient and dealt with a multitude of questions for me leading up to the trip. Our guide, George was nothing short of amazing. He completely made the trip - super knowledgeable, friendly, adventurous, and great to talk to! He has been doing this for 20 years and is so smart and knows all the 'off the beaten path' places to go. We learned so much from him and felt really lucky to have him as our guide. We saw the migration and a phenomenal lion sighting - a lioness capturing a baby gazelle to teach her cub how to kill. She then shoo'd off the other cubs who were trying to get in on it. We watched for an hour as the cub tried to figure out what to do with the gazelle. It was really incredible. Our lodges were wonderful and we never worried about any details - transportation, logistics, food, everything were all taken care of. Lana even arranged for a special sunset for us and George on our last night. It was so special. All in all, it was truly a memorable experience which completely exceeded expectations. One of our favorite trips of all time - worth the 60+ hours to get there and back! I can't thank Wayo enough for everything leading up to the trip and during. I highly recommend Wayo to anyone planning a trip!

2  Thank Seema S