All reviewshot waterreception areawalking distancestayed herefree wifimerutvbedsroomstanzaniashower
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed at Meru House Inn for 4 nights before and after our safari tour. The rooms are clean and spacey. The staff (especially Geoffrey) is extremely helpful. Our stay a Meru House Inn was a true pleasure! Thank you

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2017

I stayed at the Meru House Inn on two separate occasions in the first half of 2017, and both of my stays were very good. The price is reasonable, the beds are comfortable, breakfast is good, and the showers work well. I stayed here my first night in Tanzania and it was certainly different from a hotel in the United States, but it was an enjoyable stay nonetheless. My second stay was several months later, and knowing what to expect made it seem much better than it had the first time. The complementary breakfast, like everything else at the hotel, is simple compared to a U.S. hotel but more than met my needs. I don't know what prices are like at other hotels in Arusha, but I felt that this was good value. There was free wifi, but it didn't really work in the rooms. If you are down in the reception area or the dining area it works well.
Overall, if this were a hotel in the United States, it would still be pretty good value, but I would have rated many of the aspects of the hotel lower. Relative to what I experienced during my 3 month stay in Tanzania, however, I have rated it highly because compared to much of the country it is quite nice.

Room Tip: Rooms on the side of the hotel that faces the main street can be noisy in the mornings as cars go by, but I never really noticed this.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank JacksonB1
Reviewed 1 April 2017

Stayed a few nights when I first arrived then again on return from Lake Natron...a good budget place to stay. Short walk from bus station. restaurants etc. and walking distance to museum and other sites. Money changers a couple doors away. The lady at reception is great. Good complimentary breakfast in the restaurant, and good meals and beers. Couldn't get the wi-fi to work (seemed to work for others) but bought a local SIM for my phone and all good. Took an early am bus to Lake Natron and as it was still dark-ish the 'gate man' walked me to the bus station for security. Would for sure stay again if I return.

Room Tip: rooms on the side furthest from the street would be quieter.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 February 2017 via mobile

A friend recommended this place, and now I recommend it to others. Ok, the place doesn't look very cosy or anything. But rooms are clean and good value for money. It's only a few steps away from a big supermarket and a square with restaurants. Also: not far from the airport. Staff is friendly, and they offer good cheap food.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Loes M
Reviewed 13 January 2017 via mobile

We had a twin room. Everything was clean, mosquito nets were there and in a good shape.
Laundry service cleaned my clothes on the same day.
Showers have hot water which worked very well.

Breakfast was very good with toasted bread, omelette, sausages,...

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends