Open today: 08:30 - 18:00
Review Highlights
Amazing Visit to Africa - Botswana, South Africa, Zimbabwe

True Africa is an amazing travel company to book with! Rebecca and the team at True Africa put... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
564jaymec
The most True African Safari Company there is

This was the second time we have booked our African holiday with TrueAfrica Safaris. In July 2022... read more

Reviewed 18 January 2024
LianSteendijk

Recommended experiences in and around Arusha
from R 33 393,29
from R 15 643,63
from R 53 343,81
from R 53 790,04
More Info
All reviews true africa encounter mara ol pejeta our honeymoon east africa game drives his team tamarind tree kwihala camp acacia house airport waiting gorilla trek smallest details perfect itinerary attention to detail great sightings every respect
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 October 2022

This was our second safari that was organised by Troy Smith at TrueAfrica. Troy has an amazing knowedge of the lodges/camps as well as the wildife you are most likely to see at any particular park, getting the balance between park and lodge is essential. After all no point going to a great lodge if there is little to see !

This trip we started in J,Burg and went to Sabi Sands for 3 nights, Thornybush for 3 nights and Garonga for 5 nights and ended up back at J'Burg. Troy and his team sorted out all out transfers to/from the aiport and between lodges.

And like many other people this was 2 year Covid delayed trip yet throughout, Troy and the TrueAfrica team re-booked us and re-boooked us again and kept us in the opicture with their flixible approach.

A conversation with Troy on Whatsapp is never a short one as he answers even the stupidest of questions. he tailors the safari to meet your expectations - we were treated as individuals ! we were not disappointed by any of his recommendations and had great sightings in all three parks.

We are already thinking about our next sarai with true Africa.

1  Thank rdella
Reviewed 15 September 2022

Troy was in charge of planning my 7 night Northern Tanzania safari holiday. As a first time traveller to Tanzania, I had numerous questions and concerns regarding my trip. Troy answered all my questions (over 50 emails!) politely and addressed even my slightest concern professionally. Communications via email were also very quick.

The team at True Africa are able to customise your trip according to your preferences and budget. They know the camps and lodges in the region very well and they give the best suggestions and their honest opinions regarding where to stay. Troy was very patient and listened to my preferences and made many adjustments until I was 100% satisfied with the final itinerary.

The entire trip was flawless, without any hiccups or problems. Airport pick ups and drop offs went uneventfully. All the lodges were clean, beautiful, and with the best service and friendliest staff. Guides/Drivers were very knowledgeable, professional, and vehicles were clean and well maintained.

Having Troy plan the trip takes off a lot of the logistical issues and stress associated with travelling to a more remote destination.

In fact, our bush flights were delayed on two occasions (which I presume is relatively common). All our guides/drivers waited with us until we boarded the plane to ensure that we were not stuck at the airport waiting for our delayed flights.

I am very impressed with the excellent service and professionalism of the team. I would definitely engage the team at True Africa to plan my next African destination.

2  Thank thestraveller101
Reviewed 12 September 2022

I came to contact with Troy through a recommendation by a safari camp and it was truly the best gift to prepare for our very first safari in Africa. I tend to build and organise our travels myself but with Troy, probably for the first time, I experienced how a travel advisor should be. From our first contact Troy was knowledgable, he figured what flies or doesn't with us, I felt like he became a friend. And all the camps he recommended or the beach resort were spot on..And the trip perfectly executed with never any fault/delay with even the smallest details. A huge thank you...and we will most certainly return.

Date of experience: August 2022
Reviewed 9 September 2022

Troy and the team at True Africa are highly experienced and knowledgeable. They listen to your interests and needs and tailor very special holidays and experiences to match. This was our second trip with True Africa, and once again it was flawless (despite having to be moved and rebooked twice due the pandemic) and exactly what we had hoped for. Troy's advice and guidance was invaluable. We look forward to our next trip with True Africa and couldn't recommend the team more highly.

Reviewed 14 July 2022

Before the pandemic, we had agreed to climb Kilimanjaro for charity and thought that whilst we were in Tanzania, we should go to the Serengeti on safari. We love traveling but safari wasn't something we were fussed or knew much about. Then a friend recommended True Africa after the experience they had with them and said I should ask for Troy. So we did just that and we're so glad we did.

Troy and his team planned the entire trip for us. From the first couple of comms we knew we could trust them to make the right decisions and recommendations. We had no idea we would be in Tanzania at the start of the great migration so part of the trip they planned around that. We had the real privilege to see the Wildebeest and Zebra migration. Almost bought a tear to my eye! The trip started from the pick up at the lodge we stayed at after we got down from the mountain, to the airport drop off for our flight home and everything in between.

Safari included 2 nights at one of the best places we ever stayed at called the Planatation Lodge and 3 nights at Nyikani Migration Camp in the Northern Serengeti. Flights from Manyara airstrip to Kogatende was also included.

The guides they arranged were some of the most intelligent and knowledgeable people we have ever come across. Especially Gideon during the Tarangire and Ngorongoro Crater part of the safari. (Tarangire by the way is highly underrated as a safari destination.)

This experience has completed changed our minds about safari. We're now looking at the idea of going to the Masai Mara or a South African trip a few years down the line and we will most definitely reach out to Troy and his team again.

From the bottom of our hearts, thank you!!

Date of experience: June 2022