“Tanzania safari, Killimanjaro, Zanzibar”

Bush 2 Beach Safaris
Ranked #29 of 339 Outdoor Activities in Arusha
More attraction details
Owner description: In close proximity of Arusha lies Arusha National Park. Its compact size and mix of mountains, lakes, forest and savanna filled with wildlife makes for the perfect day trip. We offer a combination of game-viewing by car, on foot and canoe, transport in comfortable 4x4 vehicles and including lunch overlooking the flamingo, hippo and crocodile filled lakes...
Reviewed 23 July 2017

From the moment I decided to book with Bush 2 Beach I knew it was going to be amazing. The holiday was the most amazing experience of my life, planning was perfect, Bush 2 Beach arranged the entire trip via email with me and met every requirement I wanted, I would say they went above and beyond my expectations. Picked up from Killimanjaro Airport by a Bush 2 Beach guide who made us feel safe and relaxed from the first moment. Bush 2 Beach was available at any time to offer any needed support. Bush 2 Beach arranged a team from Killi Zone for the Killimajaro climb and they were the best, they made sure our hike to the summit of Killimanjaro was safe, successful and fun, the food was great and plentiful. I could not fault any part of this trip. Amazing food especially on safari, I am gluten intolerant and always ate very well. One chef even baked bread especially for me (Kiota Camp Serengeti). The same very experienced guide, Edwin, from Bush 2 Beach ensured we got to have the most amazing safari seeing incredible wildlife and learn about local culture. We stayed at a variety of amazing camps throughout the Serengeti. After a busy 17 days of hiking and safari,s Bush 2 Beach booked us into the Hodihodi in Zanzibar for some well earned R & R. I can not thank Ingrid from Bush 2 Beach enough for this amazing holiday and I will book again with Bush 2 Beach

1  Thank vickysmith3

Reviewed 19 July 2017

Annie at Bush2Beach helped us organize our week safari. We visited the Ngorongoro Crater, the Serengeti, Tarangire and Zanzibar. Annie patiently fielded my many questions and 7+ itineraries later we came up with a perfect plan. I've done reviews on the tent camps and hotels we stayed in. Each one was special and carefully chosen. Daniel our driver and guide was knowledgeable about everything-- the animals, birds, flora and history. He had great eyes for spotting wildlife and reveled in successful spottings (we saw the Big 5 on day one!) and unusual experiences. He was also a pleasure to be around. It honestly could not have been better. You are in very hands with Bush2Beach.

Reviewed 17 June 2017

Thanks to Bush2Beach we had a wonderful honeymoon in tanzania. Annie really went the extra mile for us, planned our tour individually with us, and got in contact with all the lodges and organized a lot of special honeymoon suites for us, which added to an amazing overall experience. Special thanks to Edwin, our guide, he was very friendly, funny, informative and knowledgable. We can recommend Bush2Bush to all honeymooners and everyone who wants to experience an unforgettable safari.

Reviewed 29 March 2017

My friends and I went on a four days safari and we enjoyed every minute. Our driver was well informed about nature and wild life. We learned a lot from him. He showed us the best places to see the wild live and migration. The food was always very delicious, fresh and saisonale. The camp site is a story itself, we slept like king and queens. Very unique experience, seeing the elephants and giraffes walking pass the side set or sun rise, unbelievable. Thank you very much for that life time experience.

Reviewed 16 March 2017

The booking:
We booked a 14 day Safari after requesting itineraries and quotes from half a dozen companies with high ratings from TripAdvisor travel forum. Coordinated with B2B Company rep ANNIE a transplant English speaker from U.K. living in Tanzania. I believe excellent communication in the form of quick email replies adjusting the itinerary and confirming international payment transfers was key in booking what was essentially a last minute safari plan completed in about 7 days a few weeks prior to leaving. I strongly feel I lucked out having a native English speaker to coordinate the booking. Trip would not have happened without her on the other end.

The Guide:
Our guide was Charles (one of about 10 guides who work for the company). Charles was so considerate and mild mannered (totally ZEN) that my wife and I felt as though were the only ones on Safari , which if your going for a couple's Safari/ Honeymoon etc may be exactly what you want. He was quite knowledgeable and had many bird identification resources to share with us. Everything was "no problem" and he handled all the check ins for parks with zero fiascos.
Charles was ULTRA attentive to our Safari priorities which for us included waking early, patiently waiting for good photo opportunities, avoiding getting scammed and filling the in vehicle fridge with beer and wine from time to time. He was also on board with explaining cultural considerations or awkward translation moments to smooth things over when dealing with locals in a way that let you know he was our representative looking out for us. Driving skill was quite good. Maneuvers well to get great views of wildlife.

The trip:
planned about 2 days in each location:
Tarangire: Tarangire Safari Lodge (tented camp); excellent facilities, food and views; watch out for Tetse flies on game drive (not at lodge)
Manyara: Isoitok Camp Manyara was a very swanky tented camp, Very attentive staff and cool southwest vibe in Maasai scrub setting West of Manyara proper. Manyara was a cool park with a jungle feel and good bird views ( very glad we went despite some neg reviews)
Ndutu: Awesome park for large cats in late feb due to wilebeast migration late Feb; Halisi tented camp was the most bare bones of the trip ( would look into others perhaps)
Serengetti: My favorite park; Kisura Camp was a nice tented camp (wooden floors!) around rock kopjes (expensive beers though)
Ngorongoro: pretty geology, has rhinos, but somehow feels less wild than other parks. Ngorongoro Sopa Lodge was an old school (aging) lodge with fantastic view and swanky dining service
Lake Natron : views of a lake and rift escarpment are nice, nothing to do really at lake unfortunately once you make the 1/2 hike through mud; the wildlife here is lacking and the heat was oppressive in Feb (had to wear wet clothes day and night). The highpoint was hike (canyoning) to a waterfall with a fun Maasai guide named Yaku. Halisi tented camp did OK with being at the ends of the earth and all. Would not waste more than a day in this location and with the drive not sure if worth it.

What I would have done different:
Sight unseen I thing Annie and I made an excellent trip. In hind sight would have added extra days at Tarangire and Serengetti.
Would have brought extra small Tanzanian or US bills for tips because the tented camp staff solicit tips from us at the end of each stay and line up at send off after hinting they share tips at the end.
Would have loaded up on cheap beer and wine in Manyara to break out when some camps gouge above the average 3 bucks for 500 ml beer (some charged $5 for beer) or up to $30 for wine bottle

Would not hesitate to book with Bush 2 Beach again. They have their act together. Probably on the pricey side at nearly $410 USD per person per day, but I would have no way of knowing if this is a competitive daily avg price for the the mid range to deluxe camps/lodges plus park fees booked. We felt it was well worth it in the end for a hastily arranged and well executed safari through North Tanzania.

1  Thank Eiel R