US$90
US$72
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$208
US$192
All reviewsstayed herenelson mandelahot waterdinner buffetfree wifinice balconyswimming poolair conditioningfirst nightaway from the hustle and bustlea la carte menureception areatour companykilimanjaro climbrooms are largewelcome drinkmosquito net
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Never happened to me before! At check in as there was no safe in the room,I left money and valuables at reception box obtaining a receipt. At check out when counting the money, I realized that € 200 were missing. All cash was in the same position I had left it, inside my passport wallet but when I counted I found only € 800 of the € 1000 I had left. One of the person at reception was very quick in throwing away the receipt but I asked to see it again and counted all the money again and found out what had happened. All reception staff was smiling but had the impression that more of 1 person was involved in this. Be extremely careful if you leave your valuables in the reception. Also had an ennoying experience with the masseur, I wanted 30 minutes but she did more and then charged me price for 1 hour. For the rest the hotel is very basic but with a pleasant garden and pool. Food is terrible

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We stayed at the Planet Lodge after a two week safari adventure and needed a day to rest before flying out. Planet lodge has nice grounds (although a little close to the road) and well trained staff, however it is a ways out from Arusha center so you are required to eat at their restaurant or take a $9 cab ride into the center for shopping and dining.

The place loses one star for the lack of hot water in our otherwise nice room and another for the very thin walls. We heard both the traffic from the main road and our neighbors leaving the lodge VERY early in the morning. The lodges themselves are nice on the outside but are lacking a few basic luxuries that you expect for the nightly rate.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
PlanetLodges, Director of Sales at Arusha Planet Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello Ben H,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking time to write about your stay. Thank you for the kind words about our team and the grounds. Yes, we do not claim to be in the middle of town but rather on the outskirts which to some is a plus. Likewise, your points on availability of hot water and perception of thin walls due to noisy neighbors is noted and shared with our maintenance team for action. The comment on lacking basic luxuries is a little vague and I wish we could better understand the type of items you felt were missing in the rooms... it is such feedback that helps us make sure we provide amenities that meet evolving customer needs.

I hope you enjoyed your time in Zanzibar and the rest of your vacation!

With best regards,
Eva for Arusha Planet Lodge.

Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

This place is great. I highly recommend it for your stop-over in route to your safari. Warm welcome from the staff. Coreen was amazing by accommodating all my needs and Gloria took good care of me during dinner. I hope to see you soon.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
PlanetLodges, Guest Relations Manager at Arusha Planet Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your encouraging feedback Speranzasf!
We certainly hope to see you here again.
Best regards,
Grace

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Staying here in Arusha at a lovely mid range pre safari lodge. THE staff will bend over backwards to help. Just ask for Abuu and Rama.

And don't forget your swimsuit.

The rooms are a bit older, but as I said the staff make up for it.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for the kind words Jake.
best regards,
Grace

Reviewed 3 June 2018

For starters, the “lodge” is a motel, located on a busy corner (though hidden behind a brick wall). Staff unfriendly (even made me suspect whether we were being scammed when we asked for help to arrange transport - and it turns out we were), rooms are dated and the food was not up to the standard of Tanzanian lodges.
We won’t be back here.

Room Tip: Choose another lodge or hotel
Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear RecycledBackpacker50,

It is with great alarm that I read your feedback. While we are glad to own our shortcomings, scamming clients is not one of them!
As I recall, your Tour Organizer misled you into staying with us - perhaps because they did not want to drive all the way to your prefered lodge given its distance from Arusha. Despite our willingness to make you comfortable, we felt strongly that it was unreasonable for you to ask us to book and pay for another property that is twice as expensive simply because that is where you wanted to stay all along. As you told our Manager, you ending up with us was not our fault. Please spare time to elaborate on how you were scammed to our Director directly via Director@Planet-Lodges.com. I hope we'll hear from you as do not tolerate such behavior and take such allegations very seriously.

Your comments on food and rooms are also noted and shared with respective departments for continuous improvement. I trust the rest of your trip is good and wish you all the best.

Regards,
Eva for Arusha Planet Lodge.