Korona House(Arusha)
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
US$208
US$192
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 July 2017

Stayed here for 3 nights recently and its secure, cheap, clean, hot and cold water, a/c, Tv and a clean and comfortable bed. Check in and check out was easy and friendly. Close to town centre and within easy walking distance of most places and with a fast food restaurant that is also clean cheap and good value. If you are on a budget and happy with the above the Naaz is recommended.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 July 2017

Booked a triple room for 3 nights before and 1 night after our safari. My 2 children and I (aged 10 and 12) enjoyed our stay but must admit we hardly left the room as it was our rest days between safaris. Free wifi was the best we came across in Africa, could facetime and watch movies easily.
In my opinion the hawkers outside the hotel are no worse than anywhere else in Arusha, rather persistent and cheeky with their prices but friendly.
Linen was fresh and clean, mozzie nets on each bed, included breakfast was great and handy location with bureau de change 2 doors down, reasonably prices cafe 4 doors down and mini supermarket right next door.
Only 2 negatives - The price of the laundry service. Couldn't afford to get many items washed at approx US$1-2 each. And street noise during the night but guessing you'd find this anywhere in the centre of town.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank berkiegirl
Reviewed 30 March 2017

In my humble opinion the Naaz serves the best Samosas in the world. I dropped in to the Naaz Hotel because I remembered the great food I had there as a young man. I was not disappointed and the nostalgic visit makes this place a must for every visit to Arusha. The hotel is still running though, I didn't check out the accomodations.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank MzeeDean
Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

The place I was volunteering for put me and another girl here in separate rooms. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Hot water was good. Breakfast and service in restaurant were good. But........as this hotel is right downtown by the clock tower it was very busy outside the front doorway leading to the courtyard. Flycatchers, (young men and woman hoping to sell you something or find you a place for your purchases) were everywhere. On the third morning of our stay, we started getting harassed so badly we felt uncomfortable, five young men even followed us into the courtyard of the hotel and would not leave us alone. We were surrounded and none of the staff came forward to deal with them. We called our coordinator and asked them to please find us other accommodation which they did. Not good hotel service at all for safety.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Heather S
Reviewed 15 November 2015 via mobile

I guess that 'average' is the best definition.
Very good stuff and location - not the city centre but close to anything you will need.
Room was clean and comfortable, stayed there for two nights and then changed for a cheaper place.

Beware of street touts ("fly catchers") which just stick to you from the moment you step out of the hotel!

Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo