Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Eugene S
Colorado

Lovely stay at Fort Bazaar Hotel

Review of Fort Bazaar
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 13 May 2024
My wife and I spent a wonderful night in the Fort Bazaar Hotel in Galle Sri Lanka. What a lovely hotel—everything was top class.

We were warmly greeted and offered cool towels and welcome drinks. Check-in was very speedy and we were given a quick tour of the lobby and restaurants before going to our room.

The room was quite large with a queen/king bed. Everything throughout the room was clean and looked very comfortable. The bathroom and shower were also quite large. Our room, toward the back of the hotel and on the upper floor, was very quite and we had a sound and comfortable sleep. There are tea and coffee making facilities in the room.

I think this would be regarded as a boutique hotel—it had a small few rooms and is not affiliated with any chain.

Breakfast is a la carte, with a wide range of choices. I had pancakes and they were delicious. The coffee was high quality--really good! There’s a happy hour in the afternoon and wine/beer is free to guests.

Wifi is speedy and reliable.

All the staff in the hotel were most friendly; made sure we were welcomed; and readily answered all our questions.

The Fort Bazaar Hotel is very centrally located—a short walk from all the historical fort sites, cricket grounds, restaurants, and shops in Galle.
Date of stay: May 2024
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Sakuni Wisanperuma, Marketing at Fort Bazaar, responded to this review
Responded 16 May 2024
Dear Eugene,

Thank you for this amazing and detailed 5-star review.

It sounds like you had a fabulous stay with us, and enjoyed some of our favourite offerings like the daily Social Hour at the bar.

Fort Bazaar is, in fact, a part of Teardrop Hotels, a collection of small, stylish, service-driven boutique hotels across the island.

I hope you find yourself back at Fort Bazaar or one of our other six boutique hotels and tea bungalows.

Sincerely
    R 1 743
  • eDreams
4.4 km from Fort Bazaar
View more hotels in Galle
All reviews church street upper suite boutique hotel swimming pool sri lanka complimentary afternoon tea beautiful hotel within the walls other hotels room was spacious watch the world two nights historic building little touches curries egg hoppers the location is perfect
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 April 2024 via mobile

Good location, walking distance to lots of places in Galle.
Suite was amazing (upgrade due to honeymoon), comfortable bed, spacious, efficient laundry service.
Food was very tasty, very large breakfast that could never finish. Dinner was lovely too.
Happy hour each day was a nice touch, sitting in the courtyard having a couple of drinks.
Staff very friendly and helpful, couldn’t have made us feel more welcome.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Sakuni Wisanperuma, Marketing at Fort Bazaar, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2024

Dear Daniella,

Thank you for your 5 star review. We were delighted to have you celebrate your honeymoon at Fort Bazaar, and I am glad it lived up to your expectations.

The team will be happy to hear your feedback.

Sinecerely,

Reviewed 23 April 2024

Wonderful hotel in a truly special setting, but the real stars were the staff who were friendly and approachable whilst also being very efficient. The service was simply the best. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Thank you all.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Fayona,

Thanks for this wonderful review.

Your kind words about our team and the service warms my heart and I will ensure to pass this on.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to Fort Bazaar.

Have a great day!

Reviewed 13 April 2024

Visited the restaurant for dinner with my wife and young family and had a fantastic experience! Despite a last minute mix up with a reserved table! The staff were brilliant and more than made up for it with generous service throughout the meal. The food was fantastic and the kids were totally catered for with more western dishes. The restaurant and hotel space are very grand and stylish with chilled vibe.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Sakuni Wisanperuma, Marketing at Fort Bazaar, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2024

Dear Daniel,

Thank you for your review. I apologise for the mix-up but I'm glad the staff were able to make up for it.

I'm delighted that your kids were able to enjoy it as well.

Hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed 30 March 2024

We spent only 1 night in a suite in this lovely hotel in Galle - it was by far the best hotel on our trip around Sri Lanka. The staff - no matter at which area - was remarkable friendly and motivated, the food at dinner and breakfast was excellent and the room (suite) was more than comfortable with the huge bathroom and the excellent bed.
Furthermore, the location inside the old fort walls is perfect for walking around and enjoying the atmosphere in the historical part of Galle.
We can only recommend to stay longer in this hotel to explore the city in a relaxed ways.

Date of stay: March 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Sakuni Wisanperuma, Marketing at Fort Bazaar, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2024

Dear Marting,

Thanks for this wonderful review.

I am delighted to hear you had a memorable stay at Fort Bazaar and consider it to be the best stay of your adventure in Sri Lanka.

Your kind words about your stay warm our hearts and our team will be delighted to hear feedback.

Hope you make your way back to Fort Bazaar again, sometime soon and hopefully a longer stay.

Wishing you a great week.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 27 March 2024 via mobile

Galle is fairly crowded with tourists but once you go into Fort Bazaar there is a peaceful, quiet aura. I had a room with a balcony which I loved. Every morning at about 7:30 I was visited by a resident peacock. And sometime with his mate. Who knew that peacocks crowed like roosters. Loudly. The first morning I think I was a little annoyed but when I went to the balcony to see what the heck was going on and found a peacock strutting around I caved and fell in love with this unexpected guest. The second morning his girlfriend came by which meant that he was dancing around with his brilliant feathers fanned out behind him. The third morning, same thing. And the show was just for me. I won’t forget it.

The Galle Fort location is convenient if you want to take day trips to some of the coastal surfing towns. I especially liked Hiriketiya and Dickwalla. It’s pretty easy to set up a car and driver. The food at Fort Bazaar is very good and the selection of restaurants in the area is also quite nice,

Date of stay: March 2024
Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Kip,

Thank you for this wonderful review of what sounds like a wonderful stay at Fort Bazaar.

I am glad you found the neighborhood visitor a much-welcomed surprise.

Fort Bazaar really is centrally located on the South Coast with easy access to take trips around the area, I am pleased you appreciated it.

The team would be thrilled to welcome you back to Fort Bazaar if you find yourself at Galle Fort again.

Wishing you a great week ahead.