“Poor and racist treatment”
Review of Pedlar's Inn Cafe

Pedlar's Inn Cafe
Ranked #27 of 252 Restaurants in Galle
Price range: R 92 - R 184
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Sri Lankan
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Pedlars Inn. Established in 2004 as the first coffee shop inside the UNESCO Heritage Site, Galle Fort, Southern Sri Lanka. From humble beginnings, starting with only 4 tables and one member of staff, the café has developed into a must for all visitors. It now occupies the entire ground floor of the former British post office. Maintaining original features mixed with contemporary design to deliver a comfortable and relaxed atmosphere. Situated on the historic Pedlars Street at the heart of the Fort, Pedlars Inn provides the perfect respite to a busy day’s exploration of the Ramparts or indulging in the numerous shops and boutiques.
Reviewed 9 May 2024

I have been to PInn many times during my trips to Galle, but this was one of the worst experiences. I am a local, and felt highly insulted by the treatment of one the hosting/waiting staff. I approached a team member when I first walked in and asked if they had an air conditioned space. I was told NO at that point, and directed to sit outside. My husband quickly made sure we were moved inside the building at the very least, due to the heat. Once inside, I subsequently saw the same waiter accompany and direct a group of tourists/foreigners to an air conditioned room at their request. My husband, 4 year old son and I were deeply disgusted and disheartened that the waiter had lied to us about the AC room. We paid for our drinks and left quickly. Safe to say I won't be returning here due to the inequal and racist treatment I received. Poor choices on the part of the wating staff. I am very disappointed.

Date of visit: May 2024
Reviews (1 512)

1 - 5 of 1 512 reviews

Reviewed 30 April 2024

It’s a halal food spot in Galle a best in town ! Satisfies you every single time
Their best is the beef/ chicken sandwich and salads ,burgers and steaks and seafood in a twist of Sri Lankan and international cuisine
Overall their entire menu is great as the taste is consistent over the years and never fails to win your heart .

Reviewed 23 April 2024

Have been here on numerous occations.

The restaurant order taker Made a mistake on the half and half pizza order.

Took the wrong half away and after a awhile brought the half we ordered.

Typically should have brought a new one or kept the wrong one.

Typical mentality of not giving the customer service and ignoring the aspect of"hospitality". We expected btr from such a popular establishment.

Food was tasty. Came fast. Will come again. However.....

Reviewed 15 April 2024 via mobile

The place has been a classic in galle to everyone who visits the food was absolutely amazing with the best beef burger in Sri Lanka, delicious chicken salads, creamy prawn soups and a crispy roast beef sandwich and the location is a proper classic however it may not be to the tastes of everyone especially with the incredibly high prices which may be worth it depending on your values

Reviewed 12 April 2024 via mobile

The staff do not care about customers at all - just for two of us they made a fuss about giving us a table when three were empty and finally they gave us one after standing there for 20 minutes and literally pleading with several staff

After that we ordered two Soft drinks and two main course - 30 minutes later after reminding them of atleast getting our drinks in the heat , there was no sign of the food or soft drinks

So wasting an hour with them we just got up and left and they didn’t have the courtesy to ask why are you leaving !!!!

We went to a place next door call Merchant where they welcomed us and gave some hungry customers some food and drink !!!!

Don’t waste time with this restaurant or maybe then they are just racist ! And we were not important as others

In any case avoid completely