Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
DrHelena
Sydney, Australia

Hidden Jewel

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 16 Mar 2024via mobile
A hidden gem , an exquisite colonial home with grand proportions, beautiful furniture and discreet areas to relax in . Staff are well meaning and in abundance , they may not speak much English- but I didn’t even try to communicate in Singhalese. There are only 12 rooms - all are very spacious and decorated with individual mahogany furniture . It’s NOT the Hilton or Radisson … thank goodness…. So don’t expect mini bar and extensive menu . The dinner from the limited menu was delicious , I would like to have seen more local dishes on offer . No wine license - but take your own.
A peaceful retreat , very serene , no piped music, and a feeling that you are staying in a friend’s home.
There is a resident turtle in the pond , peacocks grace the courtyard in the morning, monkeys can be seen in the jungle behind , a mongoose crossed the drive this morning.
I hope no one spoils this little haven .
The pool was clean and we had it to ourselves .
Thank you Tamarind Hill .
Date of stay: March 2024
Room Tip: It’s a $3 tuk tuk dive to Galle centre … and a 5 minute walk to the beach near the Jetwing...
Trip type: Travelled with friends
  • Priceline
    R 859
4.8 km from Tamarind Hill by Asia Leisure
View more hotels in Galle
All reviews admiral suite sri lanka colonial style galle fort tuk tuk beautiful hotel boutique hotel rooms are huge modern amenities antique furniture swimming pool lovely pool relaxing stay curry peacocks courtyard jungle
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 January 2024

An authentic hotel left in its original state.
Lots of charm for this establishment located 10 minutes by tuk tuk from Fort Galle.
We really enjoyed this Sinhalese night in the heart of its flora and fauna. It can be a trying night, with animal cries, morning prayers and wedding set-ups at 6 a.m., but it has a unique charm. I loved the colonial style of the place, as if An authentic hotel left in its original state.

Date of stay: January 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christophe G
Reviewed 10 September 2023 via mobile

I visted this heaven with my family members for a small family get together. Their service was superb and the food was really good. I have worked with this lovely staff for about two years and after a long time I have visited there. But still their hospitality service is in a high level as those days.
I really feel like that I have entered to my second home. Special thank for Mr.Sanjaya, F & B team, Sakuna, Edirisingha and Lahiru for giving us a great experience .

All the very best for this amazing place!!!

Date of stay: September 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 18 April 2023 via mobile

The suite was quite spacious and was well kept with some of the historical artefacts. The rooms were well maintained, and the staff were quite attentive and well mannered. The property overall chooses to maintain its historic look. The ala-carte meals were well prepared and quite tasty. A location worth visiting in Galle if you're looking for something different' in a stay.

Room tip: Property has a pool, ample parking, WiFi, and in room dining is available.
Date of stay: October 2022
Reviewed 25 March 2023 via mobile

This is our second stay at this hotel. Friendly and supportive staff. Rustic style hotel with specious rooms and bathrooms. Good continental breakfast . However , we could not get alcohol beverages due to lack of license. But we were able to purchase and bring it in.
Good place to unwind and relax.

Room tip: 10 minutes ride to Galle Fort .
Date of stay: March 2023
Reviewed 16 March 2023

This is most probably the worst hotel my wife and I have stayed, in I was going to say in Asia but frankly I think anywhere.
The food was awful I had a fish dish that was barely warm and cooked in well used fat it was inedible my wife had a curry that was marginally better which she did manage to eat. Breakfast the first morning was a buffet and not particularly pleasant, the next day we were allowed to choose breakfast from the menu which wasn’t much better the pastry basket consisted of three pieces of sliced bread!
In our bedroom the fridge didn’t work nor did the plug for our hand basin ( both subsequently repaired). To add insult to injury they asked me to pay for my dinner ( I didn’t)
Also they do not have an alcohol license

Date of stay: February 2023