All reviews swimming pool gold member amusement park bomun lake convention center beautiful hotel concierge desk close to the hotel room condition breakfast buffet off season beef ktx station very pleasant stay the bus south korea bulguksa temple
Reviewed 15 June 2018

The hotel refused to extend Hilton Honors Diamond benefits to my children who stayed in the same room with me. My children were asked to pay about $25 in local currenty to get into the hotel's indoor swimming pool.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 7 May 2018

The hotel is located right next to HICO - Hwabaek International Convention Center, a state of the art convention venue which opened less than 5 years ago. The Hilton has existed in the same location for almost 30 years but it looked liked that the guest rooms were completely renovated in recent years. The room was comfortable and functional. In particular I loved the Nespresso machine in the room. There were two things I did not like in the hotel. On the day I stayed, the gym was closed. The front desk staff explained that the gym would be closed for one day a month for "regular maintenance" but I was wondering why it was even necessary to close down the entire gym for regular maintenance. It is more common for hotels to maintain the maintenance during off hours (e.g. from 11:00pm to 6:00am when the gym is closed.) Second, I was not impressed with the quality of breakfast and service of the staff. The breakfast had a wide selection of food but quality of food (e.g. salads) was not of high quality. The staff were not attentive to details and I rarely saw smiles on the lady who was serving my table.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Gyeongju_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Gyeongju, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Dear manatch

Thank you for choosing Hilton Gyeongju as your accommodation during your trip in Gyeongju and taking time for writing your valuable feedback, regarding your stay with us. However, I am truly sorry that you experienced such inconvenience due to quality of breakfast and service of the staff. I would like to assure you that together with my leadership team we will continue to put effort to improve our quality of overall services. I do hope that you will provide us with an opportunity to welcome you back to regain your confidence in our hotel. Thank you.

Hilton Gyeongju

Reviewed 29 April 2018

Great venue and location for our business conference. Meeting rooms generous and well supported by host company and event management company provided professional anticipative service with technical presentation equipment and room setup supported.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Gyeongju_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Gyeongju, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Dear Henk R

Thank you for your review of the experience at our hotel. We are glad that your meeting was successful. I would like to assure you that together with my leadership team we will continue to put effort to improve our quality of our service. I do hope that we will welcome you back in near future.

Namchul Kim

Reviewed 14 April 2018

The location of this hotel is perfect right in the middle of the distance between the city and the sightseing.
The rooms are very nice, spacious and have outstanding beds. Very confortable!
The breakfast is good and has a large variety.
The only negative point are the croissants, which are extremly dry and also the bread is much too dry - they really could do better!!! We had fantastic croissants in bakeries around Korea. So it would be very easy to change for Hilton - IF they have the will to invest in this and invest in the clients satisfaction...
The staff in the hotel is very helpful and caring.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Gyeongju_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Gyeongju, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Dear swiss3

First of all, thank you for choosing Hilton Gyeongju as your accommodation during your trip in Gyeongju and taking time for writing your valuable feedback, regarding your stay with us. However, I am truly sorry that you experienced the dry croissants while most of our services were satisfactory to you. I would like to assure you that together with my leadership team we will continue to put effort to improve our quality of the bakery service. I do hope that you will provide us with an opportunity to welcome you back to regain your confidence in our hotel. Thank you.

Namchul Kim

Reviewed 13 April 2018

This hotel adjoins parks and a lake, and is considerably quieter than the rest of the city.

My room had a pleasant view over the lake, and had easy access to the main routes going to various tourist spots.

Trip type: Travelled on business