“FANTASTIC WOW WOW WOW.”
other travellers have booked this property
beach-front with beach beds
Sunset from the villas private beach front villas with sea view
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
beach-front with beach beds
Sunset from the villas private beach front
villas with sea view
beach front
bedroom with varanda and sea view
open plane kitchen
view from the varanda villa
Villa on pillars
all villas
map of praslin
sea view lodge
Dinning chairs with terasse and sea view
Terasse with sea view
Beach front
bathroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

North Wales, United Kingdom
“FANTASTIC WOW WOW WOW.”
Reviewed 27 December 2013 for a stay in September 2013
people found this review helpful

Brilliant Holiday... simply stunning. I cannot say how fortunate we were to find this lovely property. Very close to the stunning beach Anse Lazio and a paradise on earth.
Villa had panoramic view please request the top villa! The family are lovely and will make you feel very welcome. Please keep your eye out for the dog Ben "very friendly and cute"
This holiday is for people who want to chill in a place that God simply left unspoilt. Not much to do on an evening but we found a fab DVD store and after our tea out we would relax watching a film with a cocktail. The island is very expensive for food but make sure you eat at the local ice cream/restaurant. In my opinion the nicest food by far. Some places are too expensive and are trying to keep their head above water. I would really recommend this place and hire a car. Although small it allows you to visit the whole island with ease and prices are cheap. Local people are friendly, shops are basic and trips to other islands are plenty. Visit La Dique absolutely stunning. I would love to buy a property/land on Praslin Island but it was very difficult to get a honest answer on prices as there seemed to be two : one for locals and one for tourists. I cannot explain how lucky you are if you go to this island its simple, beautiful and stunning. I miss it and adore it. Please stay at the sea view lodge you will have everything you need and more. Fantastic Holiday! AMAZING.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: the family environment.
Liked least: no complaints at all.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
FSideTrav...
Johannesburg, South Africa
“A lovely place to stay!”
Reviewed 8 April 2013 for a stay in March 2013
people found this review helpful

My wife and I spent five nights at Sea View Lodge over Easter. We had a lovely time and were well looked after by Gretel and Barrie and their team. The facilities were well-maintained and the room thoroughly cleaned daily. The villa had everything we needed - a comfortable, quiet and clean place to stay, a nice view of the sea from the bedroom and balcony, our own good bathroom and kitchen facilities, and a great position on Praslin on Anse Possession.

Our hosts were very helpful, organising a rental car for us, which was delivered to the Lodge, and arranging a beautiful alternative nearby seaside villa for two nights when they could not initially accommodate us on our requested dates. They also accommodated our late arrival at 22h15. (We took a taxi to the lodge from the airport as it was too late for the buses).

There were 5 villas, apart from the main house, but we were hardly aware of other guests as the villas were distributed between large trees in a pretty garden complete with 3 giant tortoises The beach was no more than 30 metres from the villa, across the road, and was a great place for sun-downers and even snorkeling around the corner to the right.

The position at Anse Possession is great, being quiet but not far from shops, restaurants and a beach at Anse Volbert (5 minutes by car), the beautiful Anse Lazio to the north (15 min), the Jetty for ferries to La Digue and Mahe (10 min), and the Valee De Mai Nature reserve for walks (15 min). There is also a bus stop about 50 metres down the road from the lodge. After exploring the entire island I would choose to stay here again on future visits.

Enjoy your stay!

P.S. If passing through the airport at Mahe on your way to Praslin you may be asked bring some items from the duty free shop at Victoria Airport in Mahe. This is helpful for Gretel and Barrie and they will refund you.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Good location, friendly service
Liked least: Taxi service to lodge expensive, as no bus in the evening
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Families with young children
Massibull
Warsaw, Poland
“Breadfruit Tree Villa - great quality at a good prize.”
Reviewed 19 February 2013 for a stay in February 2013
person found this review helpful

This is a very good Guesthouse, with an enchanting garden and few well built villas. I was in the Breadfruit Tree Villa, and I found it a great location to spend my 7 days in Praslin. Large confortable rooms, with a king size bed and a couple of large single beds. A great terrace where you eat with a charming view over Anse Possession. The owners are very kind and ready to help, they can arrange a car to rent, or a boat trip, but if you do not want to be disturbed, they'll respect your privacy. Our villa was cleaned every day, and the turtles in the garden are just cool. The only drowback is that I found Anse Possession, much less actractive, as a beach than Anse Volbert or others. You can have a bath of course, but the sand is kind of grainy and a lot of broken corals are scattered on the bottom, so you'll may need some kind of shoes to walk the beach. But anse Volbert is just 5 min by bus, and the confort of the villas, is worth a little effort to get to some better beach. With my wife and my 2yo daughter were extremely satisfied and we did found nothing to complain about.
WiFi avialable at the reception.
P.S. there is a wonderful avocado tree in the garden, Gretel, the owner gave me a couple of them to try. The best avocados I evere ate. Just alf lime and a bit of oil and a great sause for pasta was ready.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
Enedrikis...
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Sea View Cottage with all amenities....Banana Villa”
Reviewed 27 February 2012 for a stay in November 2011
people found this review helpful

I arrived at Sea View Lodge by Taxi on nov. 10th,2011,after a long series of flights from So. Calif.I was eagerly and happilly welcomed by Gretel and Barry,owners and hosts.My "Banana Villa" was waiting ready.....I was so tired....mid -afternoon...it was quiet!
I was so ready for my extended stay of 3 months.
The stand alone cottage of approx. 600 SF was very clean and tidy.w/large bed,spacious bathroom,closet w/floor safe,small-fully equimpt. kitchen,Satellite TV, A/C.THE 2.5 ACRE GROUNDS OF THE LODGE IS METICULOUSLY MAINTAINED AND CLEANED DAILY.It reminds me of the garden of eating,many fruit trees....flowers....Gretel brought me some tasty family grown fruit over the months.Barry was very helpfull o his car schedule to town daily.And even picked me up off the road when I was walking a few times to food stores.Plus a ride to airport....I felt they had my safety/security and well being in mind every day.My health improved over the months.Weekly guests came and went.....no incidents.
My cottage was fully air conditioned,w/fans.Made for superb sleeping at night.It is an easy walk to Raffles hotel resort beachfront to swim/snorkel.5 star dining as well.Or walk 1 kilometer to Anse Volbert,a very long beach.3 food stores,internet--DVD's,,bank,restaurants,fruit stand.Whether you walk,bus,bicycle,or rent a car,you can go anywhere on Pralin in short time.Close to Anse Lazio....A great beach....trails all around it to walk in also.See Anse Georgette....best petite beach on earth!
Take a boat excursion or ferry to outer islands,La Digue,or Mahe daily ferry's.
The lodge is built upon a gentle hillside,with its own fresh water spring!
Nice views of anse possession bay and ocean.I would rate the lodge a solid 8 out of 10 rating.With upgrades of a DVD player,one piece firm king size bed,glass block shower enclosure,local antenna TV channels,frost free fridge,filtered water delivered to the room weekly,and a 40"---47 inch LED TV screen,I would rate this villa a 10!
It is a good value for location,the family strives daily to improve the quality of life at the lodge for everyone.I was very impressed by this.It is quiet in the afternoons and night.
New high quality balinese furniture,artworks,adorn the villas.Rooms are cleaned daily,except sunday.Quiet outside laundry facilities,adjacent to my cottage.
Clean air,warm breezes,daily exercise,fresh food,mountain spring water,nice people,convenient location,and yes,a sea view.
There exists some traffic noise from main road trucks and busses duing the daytime.

Overall,I really liked my villa & hosts/family/turtles at Sea View Lodge,and so will you!
I highly recommend this rental.I actually felt much better upon departing.A real restful winter vacation.
Ric~ So.Cal,USA

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Friendly people....nice family...quiet at night.
Liked least: Some road noise during daytime.No swimmable beach in front.No sunsets.
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
London
Reviewed 20 October 2011 for a stay in May 2011

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 25-34
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing