All reviews bathrooms and showers stone ridge free pancake breakfast hammocks amenities privacy nyc
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

My husband and I were looking to go camping with our 4 year old and 12 year old. We have a trailer camper and like to go and try campsites no more than an hour from home when we go for weekend. We saw this campground online and read reviews and saw pictures. The reviews said how nice and new owners have done a good job fixing it up. The website said it had pool, game room, rec room and pancake breakfast. Well....when we pulled up and saw the pool that had a tarp over it and the pool shed looked like it was about to fall down, i wished we paid the extra money and went to our KOA in Plattikill.
But we went in and checked in anyway.. the guy behind the desk gave me our site number and we went to find it. He told us past the bathroom after the 5th wheelers. We drove around and couldnt find it so my husband went back in and he seemed annoyed and told us to "take any if them". "Maybe the sign fell down". So we went around again and took a site. I realized the "bathroom" he referred to was the shed... which actually was very clean and maintained. One good feature of this place. The site was decent. Very unlevel ground, watch tree trunks when backing up. There was eclectic and water (i dont need sewer for my RV) the 5th wheeler next us had sewer so i am assuming it works fine. The website advertised cable, but when i asked, the man said NO and made jokes about how I am camping and why do I need cable.. maybe so.. but thats none of he's business and if you dont have it.. dont advertise it.
The playground for kids was very run down. NO POOL. The grounds needed to be maintained. They advertised paddle boats, but only one worked and i was not going to allow my kids in it, didnt seem safe. We went to check out rec room... closed and locked. Game room.. closed and locked. The mini golf looked like something out if a horror movie.. run down and cracked concrete... sad. Pancake breakfast.... that didn't happen.
I guess they dont believe in quite time hours either. 1st night we had to listen to techno music bumping till after 1am from group of tenters in back. That was annoying.
We pulled reviews next day and saw 3 new reviews that posted after we booked... all bad. Wish we saw that before. I guess you get what you pay for. Not staying here again. Of course if you want to camp cheap and get drunk.. this is place.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank cruiserJB75
Reviewed 5 July 2017

There's no swimming pool. Beware! if you are coming here and like the idea of the kids being able to swim, your outa luck. Also, all the staff seems to smoke all the time. It's gross over at the office. You can't even walk in the door without going through the smoke and the butts are thrown everywhere.

The wifi is weak even at the office and it cuts out all the time, so you can't count on it.

Room tip: Stay away. Go somewhere else for a good camping experience.
Date of stay: July 2017
Reviewed 24 June 2017

The website advertises a pool but it's a hole in the ground with debris in it. No one seems anxious to fix it. The "lake" is more like a swamp and is a breeding ground for mosquitos which are getting fat off the campers. There's no escaping them even with DEET. The only good thing is the clean bathrooms. This place sucks for kids. There's nothing for them to do.

Date of stay: June 2017
2  Thank DeliaBloo
Reviewed 10 June 2017

We tented at So-Hi Campground. The tent spots are tucked away in the woods. There's a nice creek to hang out by, the bathrooms are clean, there are grills and fire pits everywhere, and there are newly built platforms for the rainy nights! What more could you ask for? There's an awesome brewery a few miles away -- rough cut brewing company. They have amazing beers and pub-style food.

Room tip: Get ready to grill and chill!
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2017

If you're looking for a beautiful area, away from bustle, this is it. It's not for people who are only happy constantly doing scheduled activities, who require a social director; it's true it doesn't have a long list of planned things to do on site. But for my family, who just wanted to enjoy local bike riding, grilling meals and singing by the fire, making s'mores and playing family card games in the evenings, it was perfect. We played mini-golf and sat by the lake, and enjoyed a DJ and karaoke one night. Met nice people all over, and the owner and staff couldn't be friendlier or more willing to help! Really great folks. There was even a free pancake/eggs/sausages breakfast one morning, cooked and served up for anyone who wandered into the social hall, how do you beat that?? Not everything was perfect but in my opinion what's more important is how the staff reacted to issues being brought to their attention: they immediately got on it, thanked people for letting them know, and did their best to rectify anything amiss as quickly as possible. Life isn't perfect, no campground is perfect, but you know what? I can overlook just about anything when I'm treated well and with respect. So what if the toilet seat needed to be replaced...it was replaced! So what if the hot water in the shower room was screwed up....it was in the process of getting fixed! I'm not going to say it was perfect, but I CAN say it was a perfectly great time and we WILL be back, and I hope very soon. We can all use some down time, and time spent with family without a hundred distractions keeping us running. Not running all the time is a good thing :-) Take a break and go to SoHi!

Room tip: Talk with the owner about your needs and he will put you in a good spot :-)
Date of stay: May 2017