Reviews (1 225)
1 226 results
All reviewsprivate poolour honeymoonvillage suiterice fieldsindoor showerafternoon teamain poolevery hoursister hotelhourly shuttlesunken bathday bedfour poster bedoutdoor areastayed here for nightssun loungersamazing place
67 - 72 of 1 226 reviews
Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

Very dangerous - not clean - a lot of bed bugs - cockroaches in the villa - overall mold - rusty nails in the bathroom and also at the pool area - bad qualitiy food - unhygienic - NOT RECOMMENDED!!!!!!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
11  Thank pandepande
Theubudvillage, General Manager at The Ubud Village Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Dear Mr. L and Mr. S

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us following your stay last week. It was a pleasure having the opportunity to meet you while you were at the resort to discuss your thoughts on the quality of food. We regret to hear that your dining experience has not lived up to your expectations and extend our sincere apologies. Our kitchen team has a strict policy on food storage for meat, fish and poultry (First in first out method) to maintain the freshness of ingredients. Therefore, we believe that our food product alight with the standard we strive to achieved. The chance of have bad quality grill chicken is very minimal.

With regret I also would like to mention that we politely turned down your proposition to become a "trainer & consultant" for our resort in exchange for a free one or two months free stay in a year. Yes, I repeat again one or two month free stay at our resort :s. which of course we are unable to honor since we already have certified trainers who conduct regular training to all departments.

I also have to pointed out that you asked Piki, our Assistance Front Office Manager to help putting on a sarong for you. She told you that it can be done in a close area behind the reception area but you refused and then you suddenly open your clothes and underwear in the lobby. Being naked in hotel lobby anywhere in the world is totally unacceptable. It can make other guests feel uncomfortable.

We think it is unfair that you took a zoom photo in many public area that mold cant be 100 % treated since we located in tropical island with humidity 80-90% all year around. We are trying our best to solve this matter. In regards to bed bugs, We can guarantee that there are NO bed bug in our resort. There are some insect that will come out during the raining season that cannot be avoided and that 100 % not bed bugs. We have pest control team that running everyday to minimize insect around the resort that located in open lush greenery nature. If you would like to have 100 % clean, no insect, mold free, we think Ubud is not your cup of tea. Maybe you can try Dubai?

Thank for your your feedback regarding the nails on the pool decks. Our maintenance team has put immediate plan to cover all of it within one or two weeks time. Moreover, it is quiet strange and surpraising for us to know that you are not happy staying at our resort since day 2 but then you still stay for the whole 14 days of your booking. During checkout, you seems enjoying your time at the ubud village and not even any negative feedback given to our reception team.

Despite your unfortunate experience, I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you and your partner back to the Ubud Village Resort & Spa on a future occasion.

best regards,
Budi Susanta &
The Ubud Village Family

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

We had an amazing stay in this resort. The stay was very friendly and helpful. Beautiful flowers everywhere, we got a foot massage when we arrived. Our resort was wonderful, I will never forget it, it’s also ideal for honeymoon I was totally in with the rice fields

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

Recently visited UBUD village resort with my husband and honestly choosing this hotel was my best decision ever! The villas are so beautiful. They've everything in them loveee the private pool (however please make sure you clean the pools in the villas). The staff is so kind and helpful. Also loved the breakfast. Everything was delicious. The main pool area is gorgeous! They have a shuttle which frequently goes to the Ubud centre for all the guests. My husband also booked the romantic dinner. I don't know how much does it cost but it was lovely experience. They also sent us a complimentary 'happy honeymoon' cake. Loved the food too!
Thank you Ubud Village Resort!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

The Ubud Village Resort & Spa has been the best stop in our 30 day holiday. The resort was fantastic and no words to explain the customer service. We would like to thank Piki from the reservations, Krishna from the valet service. The hotel was very resourceful in terms of providing advice, sorting us out with motorbikes, etc. We had a private pool villa which was out of this world. I would also like thank Gede from the restaurant. I have never met a humble person who enjoys serving others. Definitely recommend!!!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed Four nights and wished we could have stayed longer. The staff were friendly and helpful, nothing too much trouble. The villa was beautiful and always kept clean and well stocked. The cleaners were very discreet, we never actually saw them. Speaking of the villa, it was stunning and you couldn’t help but relax. The noise of birds and frogs just added to the ambience.
The villas are spaced out as if you are living in a Balinese village setting. The hotel grounds were immaculately kept and the long infinity pool was great. I spent a perfect morning playing with watercolours and sketching, while my husband went off on a wild water raft excursion. No one bothered me, it was blissful.
Breakfast was good with ample of choice. I particularly liked the different teas served every day and fresh fruit which was always ripe.
There is a shuttle bus that takes you into Ubud itself and that runs till 10pm. Plenty of taxis around if you want to stay out later and to be honest it’s only half hour walk. I’d take a torch if you intend to do it in the dark. The pavements when there are any, are not in good condition. I felt safer shining my phone torch downwards so the scooter riders could see me.
We took an early morning hike with one of the staff, it was really interesting and free if you go on designated days. A small charge if you want it on others.
I recommend this hotel for couples, young and older. Honeymooners and anyone who’d like to enjoy a peaceful holiday.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple