All reviews plunge pool day bed jungle paradise outdoor shower and bath shuttle service shuttle bus ubud town main pool balinese coffee river valley the hustle and bustle we loved our stay afternoon tea monkeys nature pools villa
Reviewed 21 May 2018

The beautiful place is a hidden gem, one of the magnificent place to stay in Ubud but not too pricey.

The Villas - We we assigned Villa no.9, a beautiful place. The room overlook two other villas and the beautiful view of the forest. There's a huge king size bed, air-con, a ceiling fan and all the amenities needed. There is also a plunge pool "downstairs" with a day bed, and an outdoor standing shower and tub.

The Staff - The people working there are great too, smiles all around and quite helpful when request were made.

The Hotel - The location is a bit off the main road, a few roller coaster ride up the hill and deep into a secluded corner of a village. They have only 14 rooms/villas, a beautiful main pool and a secluded lap pool. Overall a gorgeous place to stay.

The only downside is the staff seem to lack initiative and desire to do a bit more the makes a stay memorable, the food served is a hit and miss( bread was served cold once, and another time they totally forgotten about it.) and minor repairs and maintenance need to be done. Then again these things are minor.

Overall it is still a beautiful and great place to stay as the pictures might attest.

Room Tip: Choose rooms with plunge pools, the view are worth it.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for only 2 nights (much too short!)and it was just great . Natura is a nice luxury hotel in the the jungle with a great service great food great rooms and a great view over the jungle valley. The people are very nice. I love it.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank peterallmendinger
Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

We loved our stay here!!! After a hectic 9 days so far in Bali we retreated to the Natura for some relaxation and luxury. We definitely got it! Every single detail has been thought about. Fresh flowers everywhere. Staff smiling all the time. The entire place is incredibly well designed. We loved that we could eat in the restaurant or order room service at any time. They put a lot of effort to make sure your experience is exceptional.
On the second day my son came down quite ill. Two staff members drove us to a doctor and sat with us while we waited to be seen. We appreciated their genuine concern and care.
They have a shuttle bus which goes several times a day into central Ubud as they are a 15 minute drive up into the mountain.
Mini bar was good with lots of free bottled water. Housekeeping came to offer more towels and water every day in addition to the usual housekeeping in the morning.
I only have one negative which is not their fault. They arranged a driver to take us to Kuta at the end of our stay for a reasonable price. However we were very disappointed with it. Firstly he had a friend travel with us. He didn't explain who this person was or why he was traveling in our private car. They were obviously friends as was evident by their chit chat. This meant my son had to sit in the back with the luggage. There was very poor aircon and the car was very uncomfortable
To make the trip worse it should have taken 1.5 hours but the driver went via Seminyak main shopping streets. He appeared to be lost and unfamiliar with Kuta. His friend was navigating on Maps from his phone. It took 2.5 hours ! I was not happy to pay him 350,000, because of the extra passenger (a stranger to us) who got a good seat for free at my expense, the very hot uncomfortable car, and the lack of knowledge of the right route to take. Management of Natura, please choose your private driver more carefully. I feel disgruntled about paying for this ride.

Overall I HIGHLY recommend this resort to all travellers. Our stay was amazing!! No complaints. We loved it!!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights with my mum to celebrate her birthday. At £100.00 a night, I was expecting a lot and whilst everything looks lovely on the surface, it lacked the quality and service of a luxury resort.

I had informed the hotel in advance that we were celebrating my mums birthday and so would appreciate any small gesture they could muster. Sadly, the hotel didn't even wish my mum a happy birthday, let alone add any small birthday touches. This was really disappointing.

The views are amazing, I cannot fault the surroundings. You are literally in the middle of the jungle and we had the pleasure of seeing monkeys up close and personal (in our garden) both days we were there. It was a wonderful experience and if anything, that made the price of this place worth it.

The villa itself was very nicely decorated. Again the views were amazing and having your own plunge pool is lovely. However the villa had a funny rotting wood/damp smell which wasn't very pleasant and it could have been cleaned better.

Breakfast was nice and plentiful (fruit, pastries, eggs and bacon) they also do English breakfast tea which was a plus. Dinner, however, wasn't very nice and so we went into Ubud to eat on our second night. The hotel also charge a 21% service charge on all food and drink. Being a London city girl I am used to overpriced food and drink and high service charges but 21% is ridiculous! And for what service? They didn't even ask if our food was ok or if we wanted more drinks. I wouldn't mind paying a high service charge if the food was lovely and the service matched.

They have a free shuttle into Ubud throughout the day and evening which we made use of and is pretty handy.

Finally, upon check out we were presented with our bill and asked to pay for the room even though we had already paid for it months in advance. This caused a big delay checking out and our driver had to sit and wait. I had to log on to my online banking to prove that they had taken the money from my account and even then they tried to make us pay again "and sort it out with booking.com when we got home." After half an hour of arguing with them they called the manager who checked their accounts and confirmed that we had paid for it and it was an error on their system. This was an absolute joke and had I not had my phone or internet in order to prove they had taken the money from my account I am sure we would have been made to pay again. Other guests be warned of this! Take proof of payment with you!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
7  Thank Leanne0790
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed in one of the bungalows with a private plunge pool, and dang, it was gorgeous. Like, easily the biggest and most striking hotel room I've ever stayed in. One of the absolute highlights of a 2-moth trip all over Asia. The canopy bed with the mosquito net was so luxurious and made me feel like a... jungle princess! There was an outdoor, private bathtub, in addition to the private plunge pool, and both were lovely. Overlooking the gorge from the plunge pool was an actual LIFE highlight--such an absolutely gorgeous view. The staff was very friendly, and the included breakfast was delicious and filling. I loved that they offered a free shuttle service to/from Ubud center (believe me, not all the hotels outside the center of Ubud offer such a great service). They offered room service, too, which was great. Don't even get me started with BOTH of the giant, beautiful infinity pools. This place is 5/5! I'm surprised by the reviews saying that the rooms need updating, because ours was absolutely gorgeous--to me you get the best of both worlds: the adventurous, jungle/nature vibe, but also the modern conveniences and amenities that make staying at a nice hotel so lovely. I would stay here again for sure.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple