The Lokha Ubud
US$493
US$294
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$347/night.

US$102
US$82
US$131
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
US$360
US$289
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$356/night.

US$304
US$184
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$228/night.

US$312
US$359
US$231
US$307
US$205
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$244/night.

US$431
TripAdvisor
US$1 801
US$1 688
All reviewskarsa spacampuhan ridgewos rivervillage walkshuttle busafternoon teaegg stationsuite roomrice fieldsbeautiful hotelshuttle servicebuffet breakfasthotel spajungle viewprivate poolaway from the hustle and bustleour honeymoon
Reviewed 14 October 2017

This hotel set in a peaceful serene location, just far away from ubud but close enough so that you can enjoy all the local amenities. The private villas provide you with the ability to relax in a sublime private setting with views of lush tropical vegetation. The hotel amenities are at hand should you need them, however there are a few local places where you can enjoy local rustic cuisine. The ridge walk is a must. The views are spectacular allowing you to see rural bali. This is such an amazing place you have to go there to appreciate the tranquility of the local environment. Can’t wait to go back!

Stayed: September 2017
TheLokhaUbud, General Manager at The Lokha Ubud, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Dear PML71,

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Lokha Ubud and exceeded your expectation and Thank you for sharing your experience and recommending our resort, hope to welcome you again soon to experience another great time.

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

This is a very amazing place for you, who loves nature because this is the right place to recharge your energy. This place is located in unusual location, surrounded by hills, forest, river and rice terrace make me feel like iam one with the nature. This is my third visit here and i always feel satisfied. The service is really excellent.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Dear coklan,

Thank you for the gracious and complimentary comments with recent stay at The Lokha Ubud. I have shared your kind feedback with our team and it was certainly much appreciated. Once again, thank you for sharing and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to our resort in your next visit.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

We stayed in the Pool Villa and the staff was great. This hotel which is located up in the hills above Ubud and has great views of a valley and a secret escape before relaxing on one of the island's beaches! Free Shuttle Bus Service

Room Tip: Book pool villa away from main swimming pool
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Tharshan2020

Dear Tharshan2020,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and recent stay at The Lokha Ubud...

Your kind comments have been shared with the team and they were indeed pleased to hear that you had a fantastic time with us. We hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

I booked the private pool villa for 5 nights and oh wow what a stunning villa !
Room was lovely with 4 poster, massive bathroom with shower opening out to the patio and pool. Loads of space for 3 people.
Loved the pool and my 10 yr old son and I made most of it even though weather was cloudy and rainy. Did have noise from restaurant generator which was only down side.
Breakfast was ok. Dinner was quite poor to be honest. Expensive and not that good. Room service was good - club sandwiches prob the best!
We took most trips out of hotel ore organised. I booked the renowned Karsa spa 2 weeks prior and even then we could only get 1 slot for hubby me and my son. However worth it! Simply amazing and only 5-6 mins walk right from top of hotel.
Took tour on bikes from hotel which was ok but said it was flat and we ended up massive hills on hairy roads. My poor son was very scared and fell off into road. It was not good if honest. Don't do with inexperienced kids or if you are scared of the crazy drivers over there!
Staff lovely though. Tranquil place, felt like I was in an Indiana jones movie

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Fiona1974_11

Dear Fiona1974_11,

Thank you for leaving such a positive review after your experience at the The Lokha Ubud...
I am delighted that you commented so highly on the ambiance of the hotel and the area near by with the service extended by our team. We hope to welcome you again soon for another wonderful experience.

Reviewed 6 October 2017

What can I say about Lokha Ubud, the hotel itself is absolutely stunning, it really felt like I was in the middle of a jungle. We got to Padang Bai port from Gili T and from there it took us about 1hour 40mins to get to this hotel. The location of the hotel is about 20-30minutes drive away from Central Ubud, so I would only recommend this hotel if you want to stay away from all the hustle and bustle.

Wife and I took the private pool villa which was room 601 on the ground floor. The room itself was beautiful and a very good size, the bathroom was amazing very large and clean. The hotel Wi-Fi worked great too and the restaurant looked very beautiful too. This hotel stands out compared to other hotels in Ubud simply due to the location and view, if that stuff does not matter to you then don't book this hotel.
Reasons why it is not a 5 star

As soon as stepped into this hotel I already planned to give it 5 stars, but having stayed there for 5 nights I did uncover some other areas of the hotel. The restaurant food is not good at all, and sadly there aren't any other decent restaurants within walking distance. The food just tasted bland most of the time, the freshly cooked penne pasta was good though.

Also the first night we ate at the restaurant, unfortunately my wife's pasta dish had a bug in it, we didn't fuss over it just informed the staff as at the end of the day the hotel is located in the middle of a jungle, so we understand mistakes can happen. The manager called me that night and sincerely apologised for the incident which I thought was a nice gesture, we went back to the restaurant the following night, it took the staff nearly an hour to bring out our food which was very frustrating. I had to ask them 3 times and the apology the night before ended up being meaningless.

The ground floor villa themselves have quite a lot of ant crawling up the wall inside the room, it didn't bother me much but something to be aware of.
Finally we only used the pool once, this is because like other customers have complained on trip advisor, the water is far too cold…I called the reception to ask if they could heat it up but their instant response was nothing can be done about it, which makes me think that this problem has been raised many times. Such a shame though if the pool had been the right temperature none of the other issues would have mattered.

But overall I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again, although it is far from central Ubud, the views are great and the hotel itself is very relaxing. You can take the breath-taking Campuhan ridge walk from the hotel to central Ubud, about 25 minutes' walk.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mamun K

Dear Mamun K,

Thank you for your kind review and recent stay...
I am delighted that the hotel and service are up to your expectations. Your feedback about beautiful place in hotel or around hotel is much appreciated. Thank you for sharing and recommending our resort to your partners and hope to welcome you again soon for another stay...