Ananda Cottages
US$319
US$231
US$142
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$209/night.

US$269
US$306
US$256
US$794
US$777
All reviewsrice paddiesyoga retreatbliss spaindus restauranta short taxi rideoutdoor bathroomserene placebali stylemosquito netdownstairs roomroom numberbuffet breakfastinfinity poolnice rooma lovely place to stayrooms are largefour poster bed
Reviewed 5 February 2018

One day , I went to a travel agency in Chatswood NSW . I asked him to search for an accommodation , simple but , must be clean , bathroom and bedroom wise. I don't need any tv , radio , aircon and no telephone ! Oh and budget conscious accommodation as well . Nothing near the beach ( I come from Sydney and wonderful beaches , we have ) , I don't want to see too many people or crowds ! Yes , somewhere in Bali.
After a week or so , I got a call from my travel agent asked me to drop by asap .
I finally made an appointment . He said , he found an accommodation ntgat might meet my criteria. Before showing me the brochure , he said , it's in the middle of rice fields. Yeah sure , I thought ! To see is to believe . So my trip was made and there I am at the airport in Bali and a car was waiting for me to take me to Ubud . I have no idea what awaits me ( 1998 it was ) Anyway , on the way to Ubud , I'm feeling a little elated , from what I see of the surroundings. We arrived to this , simple hut as the reception . OMG ! I thought where have I landed ?! A pleasant middle age man greeted me and we did the usual documents signing. I was then taken to my apparent bedroom , thru , candle lit path strewn with bougainvillea flowers . I was brought to a traditional bungalow , Balinese style and my room was upstairs . As I enter my room , GASPED l A beautiful Balinese bedroom and the bathroom !!! What an accommodation ! Everything was perfect !!! The staff are ever so friendly ! The whole surroundings from Ananda Cottage was a dream ! Mind you , I wanted a simple and basic room . It was a wonderful experience !

Stayed: March 2017
1  Thank AnabelleYmanaFerber
Reviewed 30 January 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the Ananda for three nights and it was wonderful. I checked in in the evening and they gave me a very nice room really spacious and tidy. I like the traditional Balinese decorations in the room. It was a little dark inside but I think it was romantic. When I woke up in the morning I thought I was waking up in paradise. My room had a very big balcony with wooden chairs with a wonderful view of rice fields and tropical garden. I was in love with the view the breakfast was more than expected of a three star hotel. The staff were very kind and helpful. I spent a whole afternoon on walking in the grounds of the hotel and swimming in both pools. The infinity pool was amazing and I really liked it. The location of the hotel was great near the busy center of ubud but very tranquil and quiet. I am very happy for choosing this hotel and I will come back whenever back to Bali.
Definitely recommend it ❤️

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

Ananda is one of my favourite places to stay in bali the rooms are excellent and all have their own individual charm the in house restaurant is also very good and the location is within walking distance to Ubud centre and there’s a Bintang supermarket 5mins down the road which is very handy

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

Made reservation via agoda. Arived at Ananda and was told my agoda reservation was cancelled, but I never received a cancelation email.
The manager told me my credit card had problems and we must pay cash. So I called my credit card and was told I was billed for the room and there are no problems with my credit card at all. They refused to check us in and we ended up at another hotel next door. Ananda has a terrible manager and I would never recommend anyone stay there.
They clearly lied to me about my reservation, credit card issue, and tried to manipulate me to pay cash. Ananda is no good and karma will catch up with them.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank steve d
anandaubud, Pemilik at Ananda Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2018

Dear Mr. Steve D,

Thank you for your time to write a review for Ananda Cottages,
Firstly we are very sorry for your bad experience while your holiday,
Regarding to your reservation, before you arrive at Ananda Cottages Agoda has called us that they cancelled your reservation because of your Credit card problem and suggest us to collect you in cash as what you wrote, and we have the cancellation email.
we did not tried to manipulated you or everyone else who has the same problem, it just because the online travel agent (AGODA) told us that your credit card has problem, we do not want to have an issue with third party and prefer to collect cash but you refuse it,
We did not refused you to check in and stay at Ananda Cottages if you could pay with cash instead of credit card,

And at last but not least of course we are hoping to have a second chance to serve you back at Ananda Cottages Ubud in the near future.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

Beautiful rooms in a very jungle-like setting. Rooms were beautiful and big. Pools were nice. Lots and lots of trees and jungle and rice paddies around you. Just be aware, that with a jungle-like setting, also comes animals and bugs. We didn't have any bugs in our rooms, but walking into the resort and to our rooms encountered interactions with all sorts of creatures. I actually saw the biggest lizard I'd ever seen by one of the pools and some huge spiders.
I would recommend this hotel if you want to have an authentic bali experience,
Staff were lovely and the place was beautiful. May return someday.

Stayed: December 2017