US$347
US$297
Hotels.com
Villa Kayu Lama(Ubud)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$520
US$943
Reviews (1 048)
1 048 results
All reviewsroyal suiteancient templeindiana jonesthe riveroutdoor showermoss coveredfree shuttlestone carvingscampuhan ridgeour honeymoonbeautiful hotelshuttle servicelush gardensprivate gardenthe complimentary afternoon teafour poster bedthe location is perfect
88 - 93 of 1 048 reviews
Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

An absolutely wonderful hotel - we had the treetop suite with the lake running beneath our terrace. Just amazing! Lovely room (and room service) - the housekeeping staff left us small surprises everyday, like flowers, chocolates.. all the staff are super kind and make you feel like royalty.
Superb location, superb rooms and superb experiece. 10/10 guys!!!
A must visit!!!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Warwick I, Manager at Warwick Ibah Luxury Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2017

Dear Aysha

Warm greetings from Warwick Ibah.

Thank you so much for your resent stay with us and for finding the time to write this great review.

We happy to read that you appreciated the little gifts left by housekeeping. Also thanks for commenting on the staff, they are indeed quite exceptional.

We are looking forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 22 December 2017

I thought this hotel was one of the most beautiful hotels i've ever stayed at in my entire life. What a great first impression of Bali. I stayed in the most "basic" room but I can hardly consider it basic!! It had a lot of space, a beautiful patio, large bathroom, beautiful decor, and a wonderful view. I ate their for lunch one of the days and the food was very good! I loved the location and the shuttle bus around the Ubud area was a nice touch!!

My only negative was an offensive comment a staff member made to me that I thought was really rude. Now I know whoever reads this doesn't know me personally but I will tell you I'm not a heavy drinker, I'm a glass of wine at dinner once a week kind of person... so this one evening I had 1 glass of wine at dinner and I got back to the hotel and I was talking to this staff member and he has the audacity to ask me "are you drunk?" and I know I wasn't falling all over the floor or slurring words or even had a feeling of being buzzed so I said "no, why do you ask" and he had the nerve to say to me "because you smell" I found this really offensive... If I really were drunk I wouldn't have been offended but to make me feel insecure on my vacation after having a glass of wine at a nice restaurant in Bali, Indonesia... thats something to keep to yourself... you don't tell a guest they smell.. that is just beyond rude. Which is why I will not stay here again... its a shame because I did love my stay... keep in mind I'm sensitive and take things a little too personal sometimes... but my dear I thought that was mean.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Amanda I

Dear Amanda

Warm greetings from Warwick Ibah.

Thank you for your resents stay and for taking the time to write this review.

I must say I find the part about the staff being rude very shocking and it is important for me to take appropriate action immediately.

Please can you email me personally at dbooysen@warwickhotels.com for private correspondence.

Firstly I would like to extend my sincere apology to you for having this experience. It may have been a newer member of staff, I do need to know who that was so I can speak with that staff member, retrain if necessary or disciplinary action if attitude was the problem.

Generally, and you can read all the reviews, the guests here love the staff more than anything, so this is extremely disturbing for us.

We relieved that, beside that one incident, you seem to have a good time.

We really hope you would return so we can make up to you for a not so perfect last stay.

Reviewed 19 December 2017

The staff know me by face if not by name, because I return here so often that I have tried practically every type of villa they have to offer. I come from Singapore where things change all the time - a restaurant/ ATM machine/ pub could be here today and elsewhere in three weeks - that I really appreciate going back to a familiar place that I know well and who knows me well, too. And for that, I love the mature gardens; they really give you the impression of being frozen in time. And it's so easy to access my favourite restaurants in the Ubud centre from here. My favourite room has got to be the Kanna suite, which has a large bathroom with a bathtub facing the green. And because I work on the go, I can often dial into conference calls with no problem. The staff are helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Rooftop villas have pigeons roosting in them so they can get quite noisy in the mornings if you are planning on a lay-in.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nan_Eliana
Warwick I, Manager at Warwick Ibah Luxury Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2017

Dearest Nan Eliana

Warmest greetings from Warwick Ibah.

We love our repeater guests just that little more than our first timers, I got to be careful:) please note, we love all our guests ;)

Thank you so much for staying with us so regularly and extra thanks for still finding time to write this beautiful review.

Knowing Singapore well I can fully understand that an escape to us would indeed be the perfect getaway.

Thanks again for your repeated stays, we hope you find time to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

Beautiful place, looks like a scene from Indiana Jones. Staff are amazing and helpful, very knowledgeable. The spa was fantastic, and the pool was very nice. I hope to come back again soon and I will recommend it to everyone.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Warwick I, Manager at Warwick Ibah Luxury Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2017

Dear "AJ M"

Warm greetings from Warwick Ibah.

Thank you so much for your resent stay with us and also for writing this great little review.

It sound like you had a over all great time and enjoyed your stay in this slightly more luxurious that Indiana Jones setting :)

Thank you very much for your recommendation and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

Myself and my husband stayed here for 3 nights and we wish it had been for longer! Such a beautiful place that looks truly Balinese. The staff are outstanding, warm and friendly. They all really made us feel welcome! I recommend you talk to them about touring the locality and they will recommend some great sights to see as places to eat! Also, the cooking class with a tour of the local market is a must. We stayed in a suite and it was breathtaking! Spotlessly clean and spacious. The bed is very comfortable too. And the view from the huge balcony over the forest below was amazing. Nice to sit out there at night time and watch some of the lightening on the island. All in all, I really recommend this place.

Dear Meave

Warm greetings from Warwick Ibah.

Thank you so much for your resent stay with us and for taking the time to write this heartfelt review.

The Balinese generally is very hospitable people and especially our staff, it is so great that you appreciated that.

Yes, most of our rooms have huge balconies :)

Thank you also for your recommendation and we all hope to welcome you back real soon.